Automation: Assign issue to next unreleased fix version not updating the field

Robbie James February 8, 2021

I've got an automation that runs when any issue is marked as Done, and updates the Fix version to the next unreleased version. It has been working well for a few weeks, but it seems to have stopped updating the field about 2 weeks ago

When I check the logs, it says that the automation ran successfully, but then when I look at the issue the fix version is still blank. As a test, I edited the automation to update issues to a specific fix version and that was working.

Any ideas what could have changed that stopped this working?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Hi Robbie,

There is a known bug that has popped up for this.

You can follow here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75982

wwalser
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2021

I believe this has now been fixed and deployed. @Robbie James 

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-2141

Robbie James February 9, 2021

Yes, I can confirm it appears to be working now, thanks!

Like John Funk likes this
jbeg February 11, 2021

Hi!

This error also affects the server version of the plugin but i see only a fix for the cloud version. Is there a fix for the server coming?

Daniel Ramotowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2021

@jbeg

as far as I know this bug affects server version when issue is cloned and we have fix for that ready to be released with 7.2.9.

I haven't observed that edit issue action is affected.

Cheers 

Daniel

jbeg February 22, 2021

yes this is correct. This affected the server version of the plugin in the use case where an issue is cloned and the "next unreleased version" is used.

Glad to hear that this is being fixed with the next release.

kind regards,

Jens

jbeg March 25, 2021

Follow up question: When will the release 7.2.9 be available?

Daniel Ramotowski
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2021

Next release is planed in the middle of April.

Cheers

Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events