Automating a list of sub-tasks to when an issue is created triggering errors

Michael Barrett January 26, 2022

Hello,

I would like to create a list of sub-tasks that are auto-populated when an issue is created in a project.

At the moment it says the automation should run when an issue is created however whenever a sub-task is created in other issues it is triggering the automation to attempt to run and then causing an error saying that a Parent Issue cannot be a sub-task.

Any help much appreciated,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

Hi @Michael Barrett , 

to prevent this, I would suggest adding a simple Condition block after the trigger, to check that the issue type is not a sub task. Something like this : 

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 14.09.47.png

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

That should do it.  :-)

Michael Barrett January 26, 2022

Thanks @Alexis Robert that solution worked

Like Alexis Robert likes this
0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2022

Hey @Michael Barrett 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !!.

can you show the rule you have written and error log ?

Please check this example.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/rule/1363678

Maybe you can add a condition like issuetype in standardissuetypes() below issue created event

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events