Automating Deep Clone

Corey Jepson May 9, 2019

Maybe I'm missing something easy. But is there a way to automate the cloning process? So in my use case if an issue is transitioned to "create a project" status, can it automatically deep clone?

1 answer

1 vote
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 9, 2019

Update: You can also trigger a Deep Clone with Jira Automation using global looping transitions. 

Hi @Corey Jepson ,

Sorry for the late reply. I've just seen your community post.

You can add a Deep Clone post-function to your Jira workflows and trigger clones automatically.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with our support if you have further quesitons or feedback. We're always happy to help!

Rick Crow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

nm ... helps if you try the post function once. ;-)

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Rick Crow

I got an email notification about your post, but I assume that your problem is solved by now? Is that correct?

But I have to agree that I could have added more valuable links to my post, to make it easier to find instructions about the Deep Clone post-function and Jira Automation.

So let's do this :) 

Let me know if there's anything else I can do, or contact our support directly.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Rick Crow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

@Marlene Kegel - codefortynine : Thanks for following up. I'm now well schooled. ;-)

Unfortunately, our use case involved cloning epics and the contained stories and I understand that option is not available yet. I would definitely cast a vote for seeing this get into your product ASAP.

Thanks again!

Marketplace Partner
January 13, 2022

You're welcome, @Rick Crow

It's correct that you can only clone single issues (or issues along with their subtasks) on a workflow transition at the moment. 

Your feature request is on our radar, but due to other priorities I am not able to estimate when we would be able to implement it. 

I will notify you in this thread, once a Deep Clone Post-Function for Epic/Tree Clones is available.

Mee Soo July 12, 2023

I also want a Deep Clone Post-Function for Epic/Tree Clones.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events