Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatically set statuses of issues with a linked type of duplicate to always match

I am trying to find a solution for an issue we have. 

Our issue: 

We often get duplicate Bugs filed. We choose a primary bug to track the actual work against and to date, we have been closing out the duplicates as "resolved - duplicate" immediately when they are identified as a duplicate. We don't like this solution because it gives a false impression that the issue reported in the bug is resolved, when in reality, its not resolved until the issue it duplicated is resolved and without a little bit of digging through JIRA links, that is not readily apparent. Here is a small example that can help better explain what I am hoping someone has a solution for: 

Issue BUG-1 is filed on Monday 

Issue BUG-2 is filed on Tuesday 

After reviewing BUG-2, its determined to be a duplicate of BUG-1

We want to have the assignee, status, and resolution of BUG-2 update automatically to match what is set in BUG-1 every time those fields change. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hey Alexandria, I'm trying to understand the impact of this since from my point of view linking and closing could be just fine.

What are some examples of situations that occured when you had linked & closed a "BUG-2" in the past?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

321 views 3 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you