Automatically create TestRail test cases using Jira Acceptance Criteria Checklist in a User Story

Thari Perera March 5, 2021

Is there a way/ plugin which we can use to automatically create test cases in TestRail using Jira Acceptance Criteria? 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 9, 2021

Hello @Thari Perera,

Since there is no better response, let me post just a rough idea of what you could do/check.

If TestRail supports any automation or REST API, you could try the Issue Checklist Free app provided by my team to add acceptance criteria. 

Next, you could use the automation features of Issue Checklist Free to trigger action on the TestRail app (though it is the part that you would need to investigate on your own or with TestRail support).

When it comes to the available automation in Issue Checklist Free, you can ask more detailed questions here or directly with our support.
You can also look for inspiration in our doc pages: https://herocoders.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/811696171/Automations+Integrations

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Jack

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events