Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatically changing satuses on workflow

Hello,

I'm working on JIRA Workflows and I'd like to know if there is any way I can set any date as validation on my workflow. I'd like the issue to move from one status to the next automatically in one week. Is it possible?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 20, 2020

Hi,

I understand that you want to be able to automatically transition an issue in Jira after a set time.  In this case, changes to validators won't be helpful here.  Those only control when a transition can be run.  

If you're using Jira Cloud, you should be aware that Atlassian recently rolled out project automation to all Jira Cloud sites. At the time you asked this question, it may not have been available yet on your site. This feature will let you setup automation rules that can do exactly what I think you are looking for here.  More details on this can be found in https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation.  In your case, you could setup a trigger of type Scheduled.  This will let you automatically transition issues that match a specific JQL query at a set interval.

If you happen to be using Jira Server, then I would still recommend checking out some of the Marketplace options for automation.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

265 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you