Automatically changing satuses on workflow

beatriz_lavechia March 10, 2020

Hello,

I'm working on JIRA Workflows and I'd like to know if there is any way I can set any date as validation on my workflow. I'd like the issue to move from one status to the next automatically in one week. Is it possible?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2020

Hi,

I understand that you want to be able to automatically transition an issue in Jira after a set time.  In this case, changes to validators won't be helpful here.  Those only control when a transition can be run.  

If you're using Jira Cloud, you should be aware that Atlassian recently rolled out project automation to all Jira Cloud sites. At the time you asked this question, it may not have been available yet on your site. This feature will let you setup automation rules that can do exactly what I think you are looking for here.  More details on this can be found in https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation.  In your case, you could setup a trigger of type Scheduled.  This will let you automatically transition issues that match a specific JQL query at a set interval.

If you happen to be using Jira Server, then I would still recommend checking out some of the Marketplace options for automation.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events