Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automatically add a block of text as description upon creating a new issue in JIRA

As the title says,

when I create a new issue (any type, bug, task, etc..) and select a specific project, I would like to automatically paste a bit of text as description, which can either come before custom description written upon creation, or after, doesn't matter.

Is this possible somehow?

2 answers

There is an add on we use for that called 

Default Values for Create Issue screen

But it should also be simple to do with automation for jira, which JIRA recently bought. They do a lite version which should be enough to do what you need for free.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Mar 04, 2019

There are a number of add-ons that can do this ScriptRunner, Automation for Jira, etc.  The one that would be the cheapest and easiest to use would be JSU update any issue field on post function.  You can associate a workflow with the project and on issue create have a post function that would append to the end of the description your information using the JSU plugin.  This would also have very little overhead if you are on a large instance.  ScriptRunner would be my second recommendation and just using a post function to accomplish the same thing.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5048/jsu-suite-utilities-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

97 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you