Automatic ticket escalation

Michael Curtin December 21, 2017

New with Jira

Is it possible to have a ticket move up in priority based on a time frame, say after 48 hrs the ticket will move from Standard priority to Medium. Then again in another 48 hrs move from Medium to High. I would like to do this in a Kanban board if possible. I have created the board already. Thx

2 answers

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

Hi Michael,

You could use SLAs (but you might need to figure out how to restart it), but set it for 48 hours and if breaches then you can set up automation to catch that breach and edits the priority of the request. 

Susan

Susan I have no idea how to even go about doing that. Can you point me in the right direction. thx

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

Thx much

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Michael,

It looks like you're going to need an add-on such as ScriptRunner to do this.  Take a look at the Communities posts Automatically change priority based on due date for more information and ideas.

Cheers,

Branden

Thx Brandon I'll check out those posts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events