Automated Alert by EOD having all updated JIRAs

Amit Saini July 2, 2020

Dear Atlassian Community, 

I want to set up and automated alert in JIRA which runs a JQL to list down all the updated Stories/Epics today and send the mail to recipient at 8:00 PM everyday.

Thanks

Amit Saini

2 answers

1 vote
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2020
0 votes
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2020

Hi,

Welcome to the Atlassian community,

I would recommend you to create filter subscription, this is a built-in feature that allow you to send an email with the results of an JQL, and it can be setup to run daily at 8PM

First you need to create your JQL Filter and then you will have the subscription available to you.

See below documentation

Server

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver/working-with-search-results-939937784.html#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresults

Cloud

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/work-with-search-results/#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribetosearchresults

Amit Saini July 2, 2020

Many Thanks for your quick response.

I used this approach but I need last comment as well in the mail, which I am not able to do using subscription.

I tried it using Automation but it is sending separate mail for each JIRA.

In nutshell, I need a automated status mail having details of all updated JIRAs (JIRA, ID, Summary, Last Comment)

Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2020

@Amit Saini ,

You can try to use Automation for JIRA, in this article they show how to send to a Slack but you could adapt it to send an email with the format you are looking for

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Send-a-list-of-issues-in-Slack-with-Jira-automation-s-newest/ba-p/1411819

Like Amit Saini likes this
Amit Saini July 7, 2020

Thanks again for your response sir but as I said earlier I need the last comment as well in alert. This approach does not provide it to me.

I repeat, I need a automated status mail having details of all updated JIRAs (JIRA, ID, Summary, Last Comment). Please let me know if any other option is available.

Thanks

Amit Saini

Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2020

You can have a try on the app mentioned by @Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority ;

I'll check if is this possible on Automation for jira, but their app looks very good for what you are looking for

Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2020

Ok, so here is what I've found @Amit Saini 

You can follow this KB https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/bulk-handling-of-issues-993924653.html

The trick is in the Content email body, you will need to use something like this:

{{#issues}}
Link to the issue: <a href="{{toUrl}}">{{key}} - {{summary}} </a>
Last Comment: {{#comments}}{{body}}{{^last}},{{/}}{{/}}
{{/}}

automation-question3.png

If the comment contain wiki markup you will have some issues in the email, this is the only solution I've found using Automation

Amit Saini July 16, 2020

Thank you so much Sir. I will try the recommendation and get to you for any doubt.

Many thanks for your help!

Amit Saini

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events