Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automated Alert by EOD having all updated JIRAs

Dear Atlassian Community, 

I want to set up and automated alert in JIRA which runs a JQL to list down all the updated Stories/Epics today and send the mail to recipient at 8:00 PM everyday.

Thanks

Amit Saini

2 answers

Hi,

Welcome to the Atlassian community,

I would recommend you to create filter subscription, this is a built-in feature that allow you to send an email with the results of an JQL, and it can be setup to run daily at 8PM

First you need to create your JQL Filter and then you will have the subscription available to you.

See below documentation

Server

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver/working-with-search-results-939937784.html#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresults

Cloud

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/work-with-search-results/#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribetosearchresults

Many Thanks for your quick response.

I used this approach but I need last comment as well in the mail, which I am not able to do using subscription.

I tried it using Automation but it is sending separate mail for each JIRA.

In nutshell, I need a automated status mail having details of all updated JIRAs (JIRA, ID, Summary, Last Comment)

@Amit Saini ,

You can try to use Automation for JIRA, in this article they show how to send to a Slack but you could adapt it to send an email with the format you are looking for

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-articles/Send-a-list-of-issues-in-Slack-with-Jira-automation-s-newest/ba-p/1411819

Like Amit Saini likes this

Thanks again for your response sir but as I said earlier I need the last comment as well in alert. This approach does not provide it to me.

I repeat, I need a automated status mail having details of all updated JIRAs (JIRA, ID, Summary, Last Comment). Please let me know if any other option is available.

Thanks

Amit Saini

You can have a try on the app mentioned by @Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority ;

I'll check if is this possible on Automation for jira, but their app looks very good for what you are looking for

Ok, so here is what I've found @Amit Saini 

You can follow this KB https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/bulk-handling-of-issues-993924653.html

The trick is in the Content email body, you will need to use something like this:

{{#issues}}
Link to the issue: <a href="{{toUrl}}">{{key}} - {{summary}} </a>
Last Comment: {{#comments}}{{body}}{{^last}},{{/}}{{/}}
{{/}}

automation-question3.png

If the comment contain wiki markup you will have some issues in the email, this is the only solution I've found using Automation

Thank you so much Sir. I will try the recommendation and get to you for any doubt.

Many thanks for your help!

Amit Saini

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

New Cloud Apps Roundup - April 2021

Atlassian's marketplace partners have had a very productive start to 2021! Since our last roundup, our developer community has added over 160 new cloud apps to the Atlassian Marketplace to help you...

317 views 3 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you