Automate a comment for the sub tasks of linked issues

Mikaela Bertucci April 15, 2020

Hi there, 

My Jira is structured in this way:

Epics

Feature (Story)

Stories linked to Feature

Subtasks - assigned to developers 

I focus on the features and changing descriptions in Features. I have created an automation that when I update the description of my Feature Automation posts a comment to the linked stories.. I want to take this one step further and add a comment to the sub tasks as well.   How do I take this one step further and notify the developer that the Feature description which is two levels up has been changed and to please look at it. 

jira automation rule.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2020

Hi Mikaela - I would try adding a Branch Rule/ Related Issues component to the end and place the Sub-task comment update there. 

Mikaela Bertucci April 20, 2020

I don't think there is an option to update a subtask comment 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2020

You should be able to do it through the linkage.

Mikaela Bertucci April 21, 2020

hi there.. I did.. there is no add comments to subtasks 

Mikaela Bertucci April 21, 2020

am i missing something?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2020

Can you provide screenshots of both the audit log message when you run it, and the Add comment to issue details?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events