Auto pull the data from salesforce into Jira without using any plugin

Bunny September 1, 2017

I am using Jira ServiceDesk 3.4.1

I have my Jira set up behind a firewall, the firewall is setup such that the data from Jira can be pushed into salesforce.

The firewall is not allowing the data into Jira if the call is initiated from salesforce to Jira to push data into Jira. But I can Pull the data from salesforce if I initiate the call from Jira.

Is there any way to automate the pulling process from Jira so the I can get the data automatically into Jira either by using Listners or any Jira Rest Api calls.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Bhanu

3 answers

5 votes
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2021

Hey @Bunny 
Were you able to find a solution?

We just released a new version of Exalate that allows you to integrate Salesforce with any of Jira.

If the Jira Server/DC is behind a firewall, you can opt for the public-private connection without any extra configuration.

Here is the guide that explains how to set it up:

Let me know if this helps,

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

Check if the Zapier connectors for JIRA and Salesforce satisfy your needs.

If they do, this could be the solution with the least efforts.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

Hi Bunny,

I don't believe JIRA would have the REST calls for Salesforce but you can try using Salesforce's API and see if that works for you.  You can find their API docs on the Salesforce REST API page.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events