Auto create JIRA tickets from Zendesk

Sabarish Sankar March 8, 2014

Hi,

We have integrated Zendesk with JIRA. We have mapped the fields and the sharing works perfectly fine. But every time a ticket is filed in Zendesk, customer support team has to manually share a ticket from zendesk so that ticket gets filed and mapped in JIRA. Is there a way that whenever a ticket is filed in zendesk, a JIRA ticket gets created automatically with the default values provided for tickets?

Thanks,

8 answers

5 votes
Martin Hilbig July 18, 2018

I will necro this thread as its among top google results when searching for a solution:

Is there any progress on this?

I seek to autocreate a Jira issue for the IT dept. if the incoming ticket in Zendesk is tagged accordingly. 

Any idea how to accomplish this?

Laura MacIntyre March 11, 2019

Is there any way to auto-create Jira tickets from ZenDesk? This would improve our workflows and response times. 

0 votes
neo huang May 7, 2021

I am also interested in this topic. 

Is there any good news for today, 7 years later?

Martin Cubitt June 3, 2021

Yes, I am also interested

0 votes
Stephen Done March 27, 2015

I would very much like a REST API to link to new or existing JIRA issues from Zendesk.

At the moment, we can programmatically create Zendesk tickets and JIRA issues. But once they are created, we cannot programmatically link them together.

This is the missing link to allowing full automation from the customer conversation through to the developer who makes it happen.

Triggers and automation would also be great. But at least if we had the API, anyone could implement their own automation in the mean time.

Has any progress been made on the API?

Many thanks

Steve

0 votes
Luke Garner June 15, 2014

Thanks, Maxime.

0 votes
Maxime Prades June 12, 2014

I'm not sure yet Rafal, this is still a little far away for us. But I'll be sure to take that into account and better yet to reach out to you guys when we start work on the API

0 votes
Luke Garner June 12, 2014

Hi, Maxime.

Thanks for that, it's good news. I know you guys are busy with the v3 integration roll-out - I keep track of your communications on the dedicated Zendesk forums' threads.

Is there any chance that the API will also support operation of sharing tickets with pre-existing Jira issues programmatically at some point?

Cheers,

Rafał

0 votes
Maxime Prades May 27, 2014

Hi Rafal, Sabarish

Thanks for your feedback, my name is Maxime and I'm the Platform Product Manager at Zendesk.

My team is in charge our our JIRA integration. I wanted to take the time to give you a response.

Though we do not have plans to allow automatic creation from Zendesk to JIRA right now we do plan on exposing an API for our integration that would allow you to do so yourself.

At this point while we are still in a beta phase and only support On Demand instances of JIRA we are trying to work as hard and as much as we can on features and bug fixes.

Once we are "out of the woods" there and have a strong enough integration to get out of the beta phase we'll start the work on exposing the API for this.

Thanks for your patience

Maxime

0 votes
Luke Garner March 9, 2014

Hi Sabarish,

I asked Zendesk support similar question (I was interested in sharing tickets through triggers or automations) and the response was that it's not possible.

I later raised a feature request to allow sharing tickets programmatically through Zendesk REST API with pre-existin Jira issues, where one of the supporters commented that it should be available both via API and triggers/automations which I still wholehartedly agree with (I requested API support first as it has since become more important in my organisation and I see it as a likely prerequisite to raising issues through triggers/automations).

Feel free to express similar support to the above request or raise your own in Zendesk's Product Feedback forum (which they recommend as the right place for filing feature requests).

Regards,

Rafał

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events