Atlassian marketplace

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

@atlassian

When I go to the marketplace I want to be able to search it as a list, not via a bunch of things called Top selling or Recently added or Staff picked.

I do NOT want you to dictate to me how I search, and I do NOT want to search by any of the categories you impose on us.

Why do you do things like this? Why do you impose your way of thinking, especially as this gives us no opportunity except to waste our time searching through your categories? Why is this good customer service?

I don't care if you group things, but why not also give us a list to search through as well?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
BenW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2016

As Nic mentioned, both the Marketplace site and UPM offer search boxes which you can use if you're searching for a specific term or phrase.

If you don't have a specific term or phrase in mind and are just looking to navigate the Marketplace on your own, you can do so with a filter like Top Rated (called Highest Rated in UPM). The Top Rated, Most Popular, and Trending "filters" don't actually filter any add-ons out of the list; these are merely different sort orders. Perhaps what you're looking for is an alphabetical sort order but we don't offer that as it wouldn't be providing much additional value to end users.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2016

OK, now that you have explained about Sort Orders, that is helpful to know. But it does seem to be a bit redundant too.

What I'm interested in is searching through a list to see what's there for me. Sometimes you want to do something but you don't know what macro might do it or how the macro creator has named it etc.

Sometimes I just prefer to browse a complete list of options so I know that I have seen everything that's on offer, not a list that is being dictated to me and does not guarantee to have shown me everything. At the moment there seems to be no way of seeing a complete list of all the macros available. If I'm wrong, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

BenW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2016

If you want to see all Confluence macros, you can do one of two things:

1. Execute a category search for all Confluence macros on the site. The linked search is filtered by product and category ("Macros") and is ordered by highest rated. These add-ons are deemed to provide at least one Confluence macro.
  2. Execute a textual search for the term "macros". The linked search includes any add-on with the word "macros" in the add-on name or description regardless of whether or not the add-on contains any macros.

Both searches display ten add-ons per result page. You can view subsequent pages by scrolling down and clicking "See more add-ons". There are no artificial limits on how many add-ons or pages you can view like this; you'll be offered all corresponding add-ons through these flows.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2016

Thanks, but that's quite a complex search mechanism to just know or to get there by experimenting. Also, I want to know ALL what the macros, widgets, add-ons, apps etc etc that are available. I just use the word macro as shorthand. 

A simple A-Z list that I can scroll through would be far easier to use than trying to second guess a search parameter or what your categories mean (and then not know what they miss out because I can't be sure of the intention etc you use to set the category parameters). 

Cheers.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2016

Um, there is a "search" box in the middle of the landing page.  That gives you a search which reports as a list, and you can then filter more.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2016

Ack, ignore me, I was looking at the web site.  Inside the UPM in the applications there's a list of sort/filter options that you have to use.

The list is a useful set of options in my opinion, but you're right, there's no "plain" option.  The default of "staff picked" isn't that useful to me, that's marketing instead of usefulness (I'd default to most-popular personally)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events