Assignee not populating when importing via Zephyr Testcase Importer

Diane v November 19, 2020

Hello,

We are using the Zephyr Testcase Importer to bring test cases + steps from Excel into Jira which is working really well, with the exception of the assignee field.

We have tried a number of values in the assignee field (I believe the internal ID would be the correct value to use), however, the assignee value always remains blank.

There are no workflow steps that would be clearing this value, and when using Jira's own import function, the assignee field populates fine into the same project and the same issue type.

Does the Importer not support bringing in the Assignee?

TIA.

2 answers

1 vote
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

@Diane v ,

I would suggest you to use fill the assignee field in the excel as the user profile's account Id. 

Regards,

Bibek

Diane v November 22, 2020

Thanks Bibek, I have tried this.

Can you confirm you're using the Zephyr Testcase Importer?

The latest version appears to be zfj-importer-utility-0.40.jar, which we are using.

Thank you.

Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2020
Like Diane v likes this

Thanks, this looks really good. I've done a few test imports and the team is looking over things to make sure it's 100%. Assignee came through fine too!

Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2020

@Diane v  please feel free to accept the answer and upvote :)

Thanks!

0 votes
jagadeesh madhura
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Hi Diane,

I'm able Able to import test with assignee field. As per  GDPR , Display  name cannot use while importing the testcases . Please use account I'd in Excel sheet to import test cases. 

You can get the account I'd from

just hit the url in browser
 https://********.atlassian.net/people /rest/api/3/myself

or for all user accountid

https://********.atlassian.net//rest/api/3/users/search

Also please make sure that assignee field is added to create issue screen.

Thanks,

Jagadeesh

Thanks for the reply... Your top link doesn't work (even when removing the space). In any case, I have tried the internal ID.

Can you confirm you're using the Zephyr Testcase Importer?

The latest version appears to be zfj-importer-utility-0.40.jar, which we are using.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events