What is the difference in functionality, if any, between:
1. Asset Tracker (3rd party verified plugin, free, by Spartez)
2. Inventory Plugin for JIRA (3rd party "verified" plugin, not free, by Snapbytes)
3. JIRA for asset management, (free)
I'm an economics student and I have to find a possibility to manage our IT assets.
Thank you very much!
First of all I would recommend you to install and evaluate all the alternatives. Then you will see the best fit for you. This is exactly what we did. From our impressions:
1. "Asset Tracker": promising add-on. UI is a little bir old fashioned and complex. It was our second choice. Import and CMDB feature is great (but we do not have CMDB at all). Second add-on's import was easier. You can link issues to assets. Then you can continue to manage you asset's buisness flow with Jira workflow.
2. "Assets and Inventory Plugin for JIRA". Best add-on for our needs so we went this with plugin. It simply does what it promises. We use it now for two months and we are very happy so far. We started from the built-in forms and modified them according to our needs. Then we could import our assets from excel and it saved us a lot of time. Now we manage our asset tracking flow with this plugin and JIRA. You link issue to asset with Custom Field, very Jira way.
3. JIRA for asset management, (free) You need to do a lot of configuratioın. At the end it becomes more costly.
4. "Insight - Asset Management for JIRA": Good plugin with lots of nice features. It has export/import, cmd support, graphical reports, advanced workflows, etc.. But it is "over priced". We didn't want to pay for the features we do not need.
Apologies for joining this thread so late, but I guess better late than never. Since the topic of comparison has already been very much covered by Nic and Martijn (many thanks, guys!), I’d just like to slip in a short update on the part of Spartez, the vendor behind Asset Tracker for Jira.
Apart from functionalities and features, what makes Asset Tracker for Jira unique is the quality of our support. This is underlined in almost every user review we get.
Asset Tracker for Jira is no longer free, the current (moderate) pricing can be found here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212115/asset-tracker-for-jira-itam-made-easy?hosting=server&tab=pricing
Also, we’ve recently done an Asset Tracker webinar with Seibert/Media, which featured a comparison to Riada’s Insight Asset Manager. The webinar gives a thorough overview of what Asset Tracker currently has to offer. You can find it here: https://youtu.be/NZITWcYr9I4
Hope this helps!
Hello Magdalena, Raj (& All),
I am also late to this discussion based on an expanding role.
I am very surprised to see so little discussion on this topic over the last 2+ years.
I appreciate all the discussion to this point - and as suggested, I will investigate available options for Asset Tracking/Inventory plugins independently.
I will also be looking into the suggestion from Raj (8/13/2017) regarding use of Device42 with JIRA integration. We currently use both JIRA and Device42 - but the tools are not currently integrated, so I am interested to see what benefits/enhancements are available with integration as well as additional cost.
I will be comparing this with the use of JIRA with other inventory/asset tracking for functionality and cost.
I do welcome any other feedback on this topic - as I am sure the must be many others who have considered use of JIRA for Asset/Inventory Tracking vs other external products.
Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events