Asset Custom Field displays no matches

Andy Hockenhull July 3, 2020

Hello, we are evaluating JSD and Insight as replacement for Service Now.

Current status is we have created our object schema and objects - all good.

Created Asset Type configuration and synchronised - all good.

Created Jira Customer field - set context/filters and associated to JSD screens - all good

When creating a new issue, the new asset field is correctly displayed but the lookup function always returns "No Matches"

Any pointers?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Hockenhull July 6, 2020

We found the solution in the end - we had not linked the filter field in Jira - all sorted now - thanks!

0 votes
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2020

Hi @Andy Hockenhull 

Have you created the Jira Customer custom field as type 'Insight Object/s' .?

After creating you will have to map the Object schema to the one that is being used, and Filter scope as 'objectType = <objectname for Customer>'

You can use the 'Insight --> Search for objects' option to run the search to see if it return the results as expected.

Andy Hockenhull July 5, 2020

Hello  @Gikku 

Thanks for four suggestion.  We don't seem to have the "Insight Object" type available when we create a custom Jira field?  We created it as an "Asset" - is this not correct?

Also I am not sure I understand where we would use the Search for objects to test out the filter scope?

Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2020

@Andy Hockenhull You should be having an option to add Insight Object custom field if you have installed Insight Plugin in your Jira instance (look for 'All' types of custom fields).

custom field.png

Plugin will also provide an option to search for the object (similar to JQL).

Access the URL <jira-url>/secure/insight/search

Andy Hockenhull July 5, 2020

Ahh OK, I see - we are using Jira cloud, not server so I am not sure we have those field types?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events