Are you looking for a way to visualize your projects? Bar Charts for Jira is here for the Cloud!

Do you want to stay up-to-date with the progress of your projects? Do you want to quickly and easily visualize and analyze your issues? Are you a fan of charts and graphs instead of tables and lists? Then, you might want to take a look at Bar Charts for Jira, which allows you to do just that. The app offers a gadget that is capable of displaying fully configurable bar charts on your Jira dashboards.

With Atlassian’s journey to Cloud, we wanted to bring this experience to the Cloud as well. Using Forge, Atlassian provides all the infrastructure needed, i.e., the data stays with Atlassian. The biggest advantage is that we are compliant with GDPR out-of-the-box.

How does Bar Charts for Jira work in the Cloud?

We wanted to make it as easy as possible for you to render a bar chart in the Cloud. You only have to add the gadget offered by Bar Charts for Jira to a dashboard of your choice, configure it, and you are ready to go! Your rendered bar chart might then look as follows:

026804b6-b758-4c99-b446-77e6c939872e.png

In the configuration of the gadget, you first have to specify a project or saved filter, which defines the issues that form the data basis for your bar chart. Then, you have to specify a field that forms the x-axis of your bar chart. Optionally, you can also specify a field for grouping issues together to create a stacked bar chart. Advanced configuration options like chart height or refresh interval are available as well.

I have so many options that I can hardly see anything. What should I do?

You can interactively enable and disable options. For example, by clicking on the “Backlog” element in the legend of the chart above, you can hide all issues that are in the “Backlog” status. This way, you can easily concentrate on certain issues.

If you feel like your chart has too many empty bars, you can also choose to hide non-present values completely. For example, if you show bars for issue types but you never have issues with the type “Bug”, you can hide that empty bar.

Do you want to try it out?

You can find the Cloud version in the Atlassian Marketplace. Just start a free trial and let us know what you think. We are always looking forward to get feedback about how we can improve even further.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events