Are you able to delete test cases in TM4J?

Faisal Khan July 31, 2019

Hi,

The documentation states that Test Cases can be deleted but I only have an "Archive" option. 

I used to be able to delete test cases, has anything changed recently?

12 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zack Foster November 18, 2019

FWIW, the TM4J document states that the Delete function has been removed temporarily but will return later.

https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/KT/Deleting+Test+Cases

Last updated 19 August 2019.

Faisal Khan November 18, 2019

Ah, yes. So maybe it will come back sometime soon. Thanks

3 votes
Veronika S. September 11, 2019

I really would applaude getting back the possibility to delete testcases in cloud version...

2 votes
Roy February 18, 2020

@Thiago Ribeiro [Adaptavist] Any idea when the delete option for testcases will be added? Thank you!

2 votes
Dennis Perez December 16, 2019

Hello! has anyone seen an update on this lately? Would be nice to have the ability to delete test cases back. 

0 votes
Veronika S. May 26, 2020
0 votes
Robert Cuyugan April 22, 2020

It appears that the Delete feature has been removed. Can only archive test cases. I don't know why they decided to do that when it's a frequently used feature.

0 votes
Bracha Frank February 26, 2020

Hey I was also having this problem, but I have just discovered a workaround - by deleting folders, you can delete all the test cases within. It's kinda slow if you want to do just one, but I had imported a whole bunch of duplicates... Hope this helps!!

Jonathan Gaudreau February 26, 2020

Last time I tried that, it was the illusion of deleting them. When I checked, they were sent in the archives, but without any folder structure. Maybe it changed. On my end, we went for another testplanning solution instead.

Bracha Frank February 26, 2020

I don't know - it worked for me, those cases are not in the archives. I guess we'll see if they pop up later. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Zack Foster February 27, 2020

Workaround did not work for me. The test case in the deleted folder was just orphaned. I can still find it by using the "All Test Cases" option at the top of the Folders menu. Seems 100% functional also; was able to modify, put in a new folder, etc. 🤷‍♂️

Like marcelo.lucio likes this
0 votes
Veronika S. February 9, 2020

Is it possible to estimate the come back of the delete option for test cases in the cloud version? Archiving something and throwing something (broken or unfinished) away are very different things ...

0 votes
Felicia Menten August 27, 2019

Well, I have now lost the ability to delete test cases, too.  Pretty sure it coincided with the updated to 6.7.2 for the security hotfix.   Archive is the only option.   

Jonathan Gaudreau August 29, 2019

I confirm that we have exactly the same problem in our end. Delete is not present, and this is annoying as hell. No way to fix it, even while playing with the project settings. Only archive is there, which is useless for us.

0 votes
Felicia Menten August 19, 2019

Dang.  That's annoying.  I see the delete button where you see the Archive button.  I'm on TM4J Server version 6.6 on Jira 7.13.1.   

Did you submit a bug to Adaptavist?  They might have some idea about what is going on.  

Faisal Khan August 19, 2019

I'm on Jira Cloud and TM4J cloud version 1.0.27-AC.

I haven't raised a bug yet, wanted to check with the community first. Thanks

Joel A_ August 21, 2019

Hi Guys has this been resolved?

Joel A_ August 21, 2019

It's permission related,(Mine is resolved). 

Faisal Khan August 21, 2019

I just re-checked permissions and we don't have a DELETE option for Test Cases anymore:
Test_Management_JIRA.png

Like Veronika S. likes this
Joel A_ August 21, 2019

I couldn't see "DELETE" either but it is visible on the "Permissions" page of the Project Creator.

It has to be configured from Whoever created the Project.

Faisal Khan August 21, 2019

Ah, you mean in the actual Project settings?

Project permissions.png

0 votes
Gabriel Côté August 14, 2019

Same issue here, only the archive option is visible in the permissions

0 votes
Felicia Menten August 8, 2019

Our team has no issue with deleting test cases, we are on version 6.5.2

Can you see what your permissions are in Jira?  Maybe they have changed

permissions.JPG

Faisal Khan August 19, 2019

Hi Felicia,

We have the Delete option in permissions but when viewing the "Tests" board and selecting tests there is no DELETE button anymore, only ARCHIVE:

Tests board_no delete.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events