Are there any solution for shift planning?

Musa Cuvarov March 27, 2022

I would like to plan our shifts, for further automatic assignment of daily tasks for employee\group on the shift in the process control project.

Are there any solutions for that?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2022

Hi @Musa Cuvarov 

One option I can think of is using Automation - for example...

• Trigger: Issue Created
  • Condition: If/Else Block...
    • Sub-Condition: createdDate is between these days/times
    • Action: Assign Issue
    • ...etc

...but this assumes shifts are relatively static, or you're willing to update the rule each time shift patterns change

The alternative is to find an App on the Marketplace

Do you think the automation option might work for you?

Ste

Musa Cuvarov March 27, 2022

Hi Stephen,

Before the automation, I would like to plan the shift, let's say for a month, then every day responsible person might be used for auto-assigning to current daily tasks.

I found similar functionality on the OpsGenie but it applied only to incidents as I understand.

Regards

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2022

Hi @Musa Cuvarov 

It probably works better if you're planning shifts a month in advance - but you'd need to work these into a set of If/Else rules in automation - eg.

• If createdDate = Monday, assign to A
  • Else-if createdDate = Tuesday, assign to B
  • Else-if...

^ If you were looking for auto-assignment based on a calendar or users' listed work days, that's where you'd need to look at an App or integration.

I think you'd want something like this App, but it's not available for Cloud.

It might be possible do something with this App - Out of Office & Absence Automation - in terms of shifts?

Ste

Musa Cuvarov April 6, 2022

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

unfortunately, your proposed solution is a bit hardcoded, and I'm searching for something like a schedule table with users in for a certain date.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events