Archiving versions doesn't archive test cycles in Zephyr for Jira

Adam Arnold January 24, 2013

To keep the test cycle page tidy, we are archiving versions so they no longer show in the version list. I'm noticing that they are not archiving in the test cycle page when we do this, is this intentional or a possible bug? If the version could be hidden in the drop down list along with the test cycles associated with it - but not deleted - management would be a bit easier!

12 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

Hi Trev,

We recognize that archiving releases makes management easier. We recently removed archived releases from our gadgets and hope to remove them from cycles in a coming release.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Andrew Morin March 5, 2013

We are new users of Zephyr and we are seeing all versions including archived versions in the "Select Versions" dropdown on the Plan a Test Cycle page. Is there some setting to toggle this?

Sam Selfridge October 23, 2013

Any update on when this will be seen? Doing the trial right now and I have an old project with many many versions to go through.

bony May 17, 2015

Are there any News on this functionality?

Steve Kealey July 30, 2015

This certainly would help clean things up quite a lot. Having the ability to archive test cycles, along with their respective versions, would be greatly appreciated.

Isaac Stennett July 30, 2015

please implement this! PLEAAASEEEEEEEEEE

5 votes
JohnathanZ July 30, 2015

Just to provide a quick update on this:

Test cycles are displayed based on the version in which they exist with "Unscheduled" being a pseudo-version of its own. Archiving a version won't remove it from the drop down list at this time, but marking it as "released" will put it into a separate category. By hiding a version from the versions menu completely, the plugin would have no other viable way to display cycles from archived versions at this time. We do have this on the list for consideration. 

For: @Andrew Morin, @Sam Selfridge, @bony, @Steve Kealey, @Isaac Stennett and @Julio Verano, I'll make sure your names are added as showing interest. This way project management personnel are aware of how important and useful the community finds this potential feature.

Thanks, everyone, for your great feedback!

Johnathan Lyman

Senior Technical Support Lead

Zephyr

3 votes
Billy Turner January 15, 2019

Dear Zephyr team, 

In the release that we had prior to 2.6.0, we were able to create folders that we labeled as "Archive" folders. We were then able to move execution "versions" into these archive folders in order to clean up the multitude of versions in the Zephyr. Your users have been complaining about this for 6 years. Apparently, user complaints rank at at priority 4 level for Zephyr.

Roy February 5, 2019

We are also suffering from this, our list is very very long and unsorted. My team spents a lot of time and frustration on this issue

Like Chris Hyde likes this
Marc Botermans February 8, 2019

Same here. Our testers would be really helped when we known how to shrink the list of versions they can choose from.

Like Chris Hyde likes this
3 votes
bushrakECU January 29, 2017

Any update on this feature. We desperately need this. Our version list in Test Cycle is getting bigger and bigger.

Thanks

Bushra Khan

Antoine Van der Mensbrugghe December 14, 2017

1 vote
Corey Johnson January 2, 2019

Dear Zephyr team, 

This feature FR-667 still has yet to be implemented. This issue was raised in 2013 and it is 2019! Can you please have the following implemented as soon as possible:

1. Follow version archive status
  2. Independent archive status
1 vote
Antoine Van der Mensbrugghe December 14, 2017

Our project need the same.

When we are searching some test Cases in the "Search Test Execution", all the historical fixVersions are proposed. Couldn't we limit the search on the list of Versions of Jira (like I think it should be) ?

It would really improve the tool and make the search easier and faster

Thanks

Antoine.

1 vote
Raksha S N February 1, 2016

Hello All,

We have raised the feature request for the above feature. It is raised under FR-667. Adding a feature request to our system means we acknowledge that it is a feature that does not exist in our system and that it has been added to the pipeline for consideration.  

Thanks & Regards,

Zephyr Support

jambbhit April 20, 2016

Hi Raksha, 

Which release or when are we expecting this change? (Some dates and versions should help)

1 vote
Jason Bishop January 28, 2016

If you do implement this, please consider making it as an option:

1. Follow version archive status
  2. Independent archive status

My process is currently relying on archive status being independent.

1 vote
JulioV February 20, 2014

The ability to "archive" test cycles independantly from the the project's jira version status would be better. Many times there are "released" versions that our users would like to hide (but not all "releases" versions). Any update on when/how tihs feature will be released?

0 votes
Deleted user November 17, 2020

We are looking at other options - this is a major miss and a failure on your end.

0 votes
Deleted user December 5, 2019

Any news?.

0 votes
Chris Hyde April 11, 2019

This request has been around for years - I have to wade through DOZENS of RELEASED versions. Why would I want to assign a test execution to a cycle on a RELEASED fixVersion? Get rid of it please.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events