🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻: Top 5 Paid Test Management Apps by the Numbers

Happy Apptoberfest!

Today, I'm sharing the top 5 Paid Test Management Apps in the Atlassian ecosystem.  The analysis was created by Blended Perspectives through the Marketplace Analytic Research Service (MARS) database. This is a database containing over 3 years’ worth of in-depth data on the Atlassian Marketplace.

Top 5 Paid Test Management Apps:

App Name

Vendor

Instances

2021 % Growth

Platform

Product

Zephyr Squad - Test Management for Jira 

SmartBear

13.36%

Cloud, Data Center, Server

Jira

Xray Test Management for Jira

Xblend

35.68%

Jira

Zephyr Scale - Test Management for Jira

SmartBear

31.74%

Data Center, Server

Jira

QMetry Test Management for Jira 

QMetry

22.01%

Jira

Requirements & Test Management for Jira

Hexygen Inc.

41.93%

Jira

Source: Blended Perpectives (September 2021)

Learn more about MARS.

Thanks,

Fabian

10 comments

Comment

Sergejs Cuhrajs_SmartBear_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 26, 2021

@Fabian Lim Hi there, many thanks for sharing this post! There are some inaccuracies, however, specifically with the data in the instances column. Would you mind updating to these?

Zephyr Squad active instances – 21,394 (source)

Zephyr Scale active instances – 10,270 (source)

Please see Marketplace screenshots for your reference:

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 3.59.40 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-10-26 at 3.59.47 PM.png

Edit: the figures from the source report are also not accurate.

Kind Regards,
Sergejs from SmartBear/Zephyr

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2021

Thanks @Sergejs Cuhrajs_SmartBear_

I fixed the error.

I would ask @Miles Faulkner to comment on the numbers. Most likely the reports were taken at the beginning of the month so the numbers would be lower.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 27, 2021

Thanks @Fabian Lim – if the Blended Perspective is indeed the source then I'd also kindly suggest updating the active instances of Zephyr Scale to match their September report – 9409.

Looking forward to see if @Miles Faulkner has any thoughts on this.

Best Regards,
Sergejs

Miles Faulkner October 27, 2021

Yes well of course these numbers were reported in September.  So its not "inaccurate", time has passed! We do many blogs and reports which were as of the time of reporting.  The good news is we have over three years of history now and can do many custom reports enabling customers and app vendors to better understand the whole market.  If you would like a custom testing report analysis just let us know... but it of course will also be time sensitive :-)

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2021

Thanks for sharing @Fabian Lim and @Miles Faulkner ! +- few installations don't really matter in my point of view but the growth rates are definitely interesting!

I wanted to ask, is there any way in MARS to split Cloud installs from Server download numbers?

Thank you!

Marketplace Partner
October 27, 2021

@Miles Faulkner Thanks Miles for your comment. I agree a few installations doesn't really matter, and these reports overall are great, but the point I'm trying to make is that the above table doesn't match the figures reported in September's report. Case in point for Zephyr Scale: 8454 vs 9409.

Best Regards,
Sergejs

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

@Sergejs Cuhrajs_SmartBear_ I just double-checked and these installation numbers in the table seem to be from 1st September and are correct. Maybe worth checking in your reports what was the installation number at the beginning of the month, not the end 🤓

Like # people like this
Katarzyna Kornaga
Marketplace Partner
October 28, 2021

@Fabian Lim thank you for this post, at Hexygen we're proud to be the fastest-growing test management app in 2021! We promise to keep up the good work with Requirements and Test Management for Jira :) 

@Sergejs Cuhrajs_SmartBear_

We report data monthly and because of the nature of this we report for the previous month. What @Fabian Lim has used here is the Marketplace data from August (reported in September). At this point in time Squad had 20,226 instances and Scale had 8,484.

The numbers from our September report (reported this month) are 20,626 for Squad and 9,409 for Scale.

These numbers are accurate from being recorded in August and in September respectively.

There are some significant discrepancies between these numbers simply because Zephyr saw such spectacular growth over September!

Tatyana Yatskovskaya March 23, 2022

Thanks for posting the report. Just wonder if you post it monthly. Is there a tag/label I need to subscribe to get the report once it's posted?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events