Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🍺🥳 Apptoberfest 2022 Demo 🥳🍺 - Keep the flow with 🌴 Out of Office Assistant for Jira 🏖

Beerry McLager, one of our most experienced IPA developers, volunteered to help out local juices during Oktoberfest – he knows it’s a stressful season! To make sure that his IPA pipelines were not left unattended while he’s away, he set up an automatic reassignment to his colleague Hopper. Now he’s back to tell us everything and to make an important request to YOU to help us rename the app!

Watch the demo here: https://youtu.be/rLA1xkQuTvI

As a German company, at resolution we always find it interesting that Apptoberfest begins just when Oktoberfest ends, in early October… but in this case, we found the perfect real life experience to demo one of our apps!

Out of Office Assistant for Jira is a great tool for work management in any team. Particularly for any team that has multiple team members for the same function. Whenever one of them has PTO, their incoming work could be reassigned!

Reassign work with Out of Office Assistant for Jira to volunteer at Oktoberfest

We are an increasingly diverse company. And one of our highest performing employees, Beerry McLager… is not exactly human. But he’s a very skilled engineer and I don’t think that we could ever have found a better IPA Developer.

Beerry has been doing a lot of volunteering during Oktoberfest. The season can be brutal for local beers who work there, and Beerry helps out making sure that the pipelines never run dry without anybody getting hurt. It’s very intense! Obviously, that means that he can’t keep running the IPA pipelines at resolution at the same time, and instead needs to delegate his work to a colleague, Hopper.

Automatic reassignments

Every year as he’s packing for Oktoberfest, Beerry creates an Out of Office rule in Jira with the following message:

“Like every year, I’m volunteering at Oktoberfest to help the local crafts stay safe. Please note that my colleague Hopper will be taking care of our IPA pipelines in the meantime“.

As part of the rule, Beerry also chooses Hopper as his coverer. This means that every issue that is assigned to Beerry during Oktoberfest will be reassigned to Hopper, who is also quite knowledgeable.

Once the rule is created, Beerry can also review which of his ongoing tasks should be reassigned to Hopper.

Help us find a more approbeered name for the app!

We’re trying to find a more marketable name for all the Apptoberfest geeks out there! How would you like to name Out of office Assistant for Jira?

Please add a comment with your favorite name in this article! You can add your own idea or vote for our three candidates:

Hangover Planner for Jira

For those issue types that demand all your focus and brightest moments, where nothing less than being in the flow would help – you might want to make a reassignment to a colleague that doesn’t have to do some detox after the beer festival!

IPA In Pub Assistant for Jira

Out of the office has been a misnomer for a long time. The absence rules work for sabbaticals, paternity leaves, or simply for temporary assignments to a different project. But why not go all the way fun?

Sober Automatic Reassignment for Jira

An iteration on the Hangover Planner, motive SARJ could become a winning acronym. It’s punchy, it’s productive, and it’s slightly less politically incorrect. Who wouldn’t want the person to whom you reassign your work to be sober??

8 comments

Comment

Stephanie Somic October 13, 2022

Cool video & I love the name "Hangover Planner for Jira" :).

Like # people like this
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 13, 2022

My favorite title is def IPA In Pub Assistant for Jira! Would love to see this live in the Marketplace!!!

Like # people like this
Fabia Saina Wucherer October 13, 2022

Definitely “Hangover Planner for Jira”! Greetings to Beerry!

Like # people like this
Andrés Sotomayor October 13, 2022

I'll root for IPA and also propose "Designated Jira Driver Automation"

Like Stephanie Somic likes this
Marvin Meyer-Kahlen October 14, 2022

I would also choose Hangover Planner for Jira

Like Stephanie Somic likes this
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 14, 2022

Hey Jaime! your voice sounds a bit different after a beer 😂

Christiaan Joubert _re_solution_
Marketplace Partner
October 14, 2022

Definitely "Hangover Planner for Jira"!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2022

Great video presentation and a very useful app indeed!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events