Approval plugin

Stefan de Pagter February 18, 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

For my company I am looking for an approval plugin that can support multiple approval requests within an issue (RFC request). The herzum plugin looks very promising, however before trying it out, I am wondering if it is possible to support multiple approvals within one issue, based on variable input?

For example, when creating a change ticket (JIRA issue), a JIRA group field "Approval groups", can be filled with different approval groups (User groups in Jira) , and based on these groups the Approvals are created for a particular transition, I am talking about variable approval groups, in stead of hard coded approvals...

Reason behind this, is that we are launching the standard change process, where the workflow and transitions are the same, but the issue inputs and approvals are different.

Many thanks and hopefully this is possible.

Regards,

Stefan de Pagter

6 answers

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2015

The possibility to configure an Approval based on the values set on a Group picker custom field is now available on our latest add-on version 2.2-GA-6.0-6.4. The following documentation provides an overview of the new feature: 

https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Configuring+an+Aproval+via+user+and+group+picker+custom+fields.

Best Regards

pokalav October 15, 2020

Great.

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2015

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have proposed it as a new feature we must have on our add-on.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Best Regards

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter February 19, 2015

Hi Antonella,

Aha that is too bad, than we cannot use the approver plugin. Ideally the approvers should be created based on the values (JIRA Groups) set in a JIRA Group field.

So we if 3 groups were set in the JIRA GROUP field, also 3 approvals should be created during a specific transition.

I think many customers are interested in this function as for the rest the plugin looks really nice.

Do you think this feature will come in the future?

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2015

I’m sorry if my previous answer was not enough clarifying some of the points which were raised in the question, I hope it helps:

1. The add-on supports to manage issue specific approvals but doesn't  allow to configure as approval a custom field. By clicking on the ‘Define Approval’ button, available on the issue edit screen,  it’s allowed  to set case by case the approvals for the specific issue. As a precondition you must have configured, first, your  Approvals (one for each group that is going to be a candidate approval). If the Jira group field is not a constraint for you,  the add-on can met your requirements for  ‘multiple approvals within one issue, based on variable input ’, where for variable input it’s intended the groups (Approvals) that you can associate case by case via the User Interface.
  2. Thanks for your warning. The bug is due the browse version (IE 11 has not). We will fix the problem with IE 9 on the next ad-on version.

Regards

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter February 19, 2015

Hi Antonella,

Thank you for your reply.

1. If you say it is already there, how does it work then? I understand you can add more approvals , but I do not understand how this works with variable approvers (Variable group input, in a JIRA group field).
  • When creating a change ticket (JIRA issue), a JIRA group field "Approval groups", can be filled with different approval groups (User groups in Jira) , and based on these groups the Approvals are created for a particular transition. I could not find how to configure the value in that "Group Field" as the input for the approval plugin?

2. I tried the plugin for one approval group , for a particular transition, and it works, but during the approval clicking the green thumb, it does not do anything .. Only if I refresh the page again, it works... Does this has to do with the explorer used? (IE Version 9).

I hope you can guide me with this.

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2015

Hello,
I can confirm that your requirements are completely met by our Approval add-on.
The add-on supports to configure multiple approvals within one issue, based on variable input (approvals) via a friendly user interface.
We should be happy to help you to build your specific configuration.
If you need it, open us a ticket on our issue tracking system by following this link: https://chicago.herzum.com/jira/.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Best Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events