Approval comments in notification email

Anthony Aquilina August 8, 2019

Is there a way I can receive the comments inputted at an approval stage in Comala in the notification email?

I have already set up email notifications and works well, but would also like to have the comments when the stakeholders approve/decline the process shown in the email body. 

2 answers

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2021

Hello @Anthony Aquilina@Libor Šmíd 

You can use the @comment@ value reference in a custom notification using the send-email macro, e.g.:

{workflow}
{state:Draft|approved=Approved}
{approval:Review}
{state}
{state:Approved}
{state}
{trigger:pageapproved|approval=Review}
{send-email:user=@author@|subject=Document approved}
@page@ has been approved by @user@ with comment @comment@
{send-email}
{trigger}
{workflow}

For more detail see:

If you need more help with your specific use case, you can reach out to our friendly support team at https://support.comalatech.com

All the best

James
Senior Product Manager

note: a previous version of this answer referred to the @approvalcomment@ which only works in some cases

Libor Šmíd March 26, 2021

Hi James,

thank you for your information.

Unfortunately, I have already tried to add this value, even others (just for sure), but anything does not work, except value "@pageactivity@".

macro:

macro.PNG

e-mail:

e-mail.PNG

That is why I asked for help :-)

It seems that this should work, so in that case, as you mentioned, will be better to contact your support.

Thank you once again.

Libor

Jorge Merino
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

Hi Libor,

Please, could you try using the value reference @Comment@@

{trigger:pageapproved|approval=Review}
{send-email:user=@author@|subject=Document approved}
@page@ has been approved by @user@ with comment @comment@
{send-email}
{trigger}

Best regards,
Jorge

Libor Šmíd April 6, 2021

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried and, unfortunately, even this value does not work as I expected.

But I have contacted Comalatech support and they were been able to help me.

It is necessary to add also the name of approval steps. It means, If you have more approval steps e.g. step1, step2, step3 etc. you must add every step's name  in front of value @approvalcomment@ such as @step1 > approvalcomment@. And this whole value to add to the e-mail body. After adding this value, the approval comment from approval step "step1" is shown in the e-mail.

More details is here: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDML/Attribute%2BReferences

Libor

0 votes
Libor Šmíd March 25, 2021

Hello,

could I ask, if there is any way, how to do that?

Thank you in advance.

Libor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events