Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Approval comments in notification email

Is there a way I can receive the comments inputted at an approval stage in Comala in the notification email?

I have already set up email notifications and works well, but would also like to have the comments when the stakeholders approve/decline the process shown in the email body. 

2 answers

Hello @Anthony Aquilina@Libor Šmíd 

You can use the @comment@ value reference in a custom notification using the send-email macro, e.g.:

{workflow}
{state:Draft|approved=Approved}
{approval:Review}
{state}
{state:Approved}
{state}
{trigger:pageapproved|approval=Review}
{send-email:user=@author@|subject=Document approved}
@page@ has been approved by @user@ with comment @comment@
{send-email}
{trigger}
{workflow}

For more detail see:

If you need more help with your specific use case, you can reach out to our friendly support team at https://support.comalatech.com

All the best

James
Senior Product Manager

note: a previous version of this answer referred to the @approvalcomment@ which only works in some cases

Hi James,

thank you for your information.

Unfortunately, I have already tried to add this value, even others (just for sure), but anything does not work, except value "@pageactivity@".

macro:

macro.PNG

e-mail:

e-mail.PNG

That is why I asked for help :-)

It seems that this should work, so in that case, as you mentioned, will be better to contact your support.

Thank you once again.

Libor

Hi Libor,

Please, could you try using the value reference @Comment@@

{trigger:pageapproved|approval=Review}
{send-email:user=@author@|subject=Document approved}
@page@ has been approved by @user@ with comment @comment@
{send-email}
{trigger}

Best regards,
Jorge

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried and, unfortunately, even this value does not work as I expected.

But I have contacted Comalatech support and they were been able to help me.

It is necessary to add also the name of approval steps. It means, If you have more approval steps e.g. step1, step2, step3 etc. you must add every step's name  in front of value @approvalcomment@ such as @step1 > approvalcomment@. And this whole value to add to the e-mail body. After adding this value, the approval comment from approval step "step1" is shown in the e-mail.

More details is here: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CDML/Attribute%2BReferences

Libor

Hello,

could I ask, if there is any way, how to do that?

Thank you in advance.

Libor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

462 views 5 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you