Anyone else getting Java.lang.string errors with Backbone issue sync

Colin_McDermott March 31, 2022

We are using Backbone Issue sync to sync across two instances. 

we are getting this error coming down from 400ish issues (most issues have sync'd):

Cannot deserialize value of type `java.lang.String` from Object value (token `JsonToken.START_OBJECT`) at [Source: UNKNOWN; byte offset: #UNKNOWN]

Set logging levels to trace, which are incredibly verbose but still can't pin the error. 

Anyone else come across this?

3 answers

2 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2022

Hi @Colin_McDermott

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

I'm Matthias from the Backbone team. We've written a help article for some cases when this problem can occur. The main cause is usually when you've configured a mapping for a field - and then later changed it to a different mapping. I'd recommend a resync for one of the affected issues (to see if this solves the problem). If it does, you can perform a resync for all the issues.

As @Benjamin mentioned, please also reach out to our support if you need further help.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Colin_McDermott April 2, 2022

Hi Matthias

Thank you for the help article.

If KS-10283 could get a little love, that would be appreciated. 

I have clicked resync on all effected issues and a subset of effected issues. Still no luck. 

Cheers

Colin

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't yet help, @Colin_McDermott. I've raised the ticket again with our support team - and hope we'll find a solution for your problem.

Like Benjamin likes this
0 votes
Marcos Milanesio
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2022

@Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ We have the same error. Any solution?

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2022

@Marcos Milanesio, did you also check out the help article without success? If that doesn't help, I recommend contacting our support team and sharing a Backbone support.zip so we can check out the logs together.

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2022

HI @Colin_McDermott ,

I haven't come across this issue. Probably want to raise a ticket with their support team

Support Portal below:

https://k15t.jira.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3

Thanks,

Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events