Any tool that creates Confluence pages from Jira issues?

Brian Adrian Welsh February 1, 2021

hi there,
I was searching for similar topic but haven't found anything appropriate. I want to integrate
my Confluence with Jira with some tool, that would enable creating pages in Confluence out from Jira's issues. I need it in order to allow my teammates post their ideas which could be saved in Confluence and be able to work on them in Jira.

cheers,

Brian

3 answers

1 vote
Raziman Dom - Ricksoft
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi Brian,

Nice to meet you, Brian.

As far as I know, I doubt if we can do it with the Jira application alone. I might be wrong. However, this can be achieved using our ScriptRunner for Jira plugin with some Groovy scripting knowledge to customize it based on your requirements.

We have customers that have a similar use case like yours, to create a Confluence page from the Jira server. Check out our documentation here on how we create a confluence page corresponding to an issue: Interacting with Confluence from Jira

We also demonstrated some other use case in a youtube video: How to Create a Confluence Page from a Jira Post Function | ScriptRunner for Confluence Server/DC

I hope this is something that you are looking for.

Regards,
Razi

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Hi @Brian Adrian Welsh ,

This can be done with our app Elements Copy & Sync as part of a post-function. Check out our documentation or read this blog article on how it could work for post-mortems.

0 votes
Krzysztof Daukszewicz [CoreSoft Labs]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2021

Hi, technically it can be done, but it'd require quite a lot of scripting on Jira side. Also, while it would be possible to create pages out of issues, there's no way to perform any advanced content synchronization between these.

It's not like it cannot work, but I can recommend you a solution that is far more convenient - keeping everything in Jira using our Idea Hub for Jira app. It lets you to work on initiatives/ideas/requests directly in Jira and with far easier interface.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events