Alternative to Tempo Budgets?

Yousaf December 23, 2020

Hello together,

we are currently looking for a Plugin for planing projects and getting forecasts etc.

We are already using Tempo Timesheets so we found that Tempo Budgets would be a good Tool to expand for project tracking.

But I would also like to explore any alternatives. Can you recommend any other plugins that have the same or more/better features than Tempo Budgets?

We are using Jira Software on server.

Thanks and best regards

Yousaf 

2 answers

3 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 24, 2020

Hello @Yousaf

Let me add just a few words about BigPicture. As @Dirk Ronsmans has mentioned in his message, BigPicture Enterprise synchronizes with Tempo Apps. Besides, it seems that BigPicture meets your requirements.

You can use the plugin to prepare your project schedule, visualize dependencies, track the execution, and generate reports by aggregating your task data. To measure the progress not only on a single task level but also on a project or its phases level, the plugin gives you the possibility to aggregate data of statuses, progress, and time tracking. Please see my image as a reference.
image (49).png

You mentioned that you are interested in planning and forecasting as well. I think the recently introduced “Scenario mode” it’s worth mentioning. The mode lets you explore and compare various plans, schedule alternatives based on changing conditions, and find the best solution. The advantage of using the "Scenario" mode is that it significantly supports business planning. 
image (50).png

Let me know if any questions come up! I will gladly answer them.

Best,
Anna of SoftwarePlant

Yousaf December 28, 2020

Good morning Anna,

thanks for the quick reply. The integration of Tempo and scenario modes is only available in the enterprise version?

Can BigPicture also show me EVM and Planned vs actual financials and forecasts? Also, is it possible for BP to show me this information not only in working time (hours, days, weeks) but also in money value (Euro, Dollars etc.)?

Thanks and best regards

Yousaf

Also replying to @Dirk Ronsmans ,

we would like to track the actual costs, the planned costs and the actual outcome of it. 

I´m not sure, but I haven´t quite found a product other than Tempo Budgets that gets this done.

Thanks and best regards

Yousaf

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 29, 2020

Hello @Yousaf

You can create 2 scenarios per Program in BigPicture. While In BigPicture Enterprise, you can create an unlimited number of scenarios and synchronize BigPicture/BigGantt with Tempo plugins. Here you will find more information about Scenario mode. 

Regarding financial data, we don’t have a separate module. However, please note that the plugin can visualize and aggregate data from any standard Jira custom field.

Please be informed that we plan to start work on the financial module in 2021. New functionalities will allow not only to display and aggregate financial data but also among others group costs in categories and generate financial reports.

You can follow the functionality development works in the feature request ticket ONE-13430. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser.

Best,
Anna

Christian Paredes March 25, 2021

I have been using bigPicture and is great. Ideally ONE-13430 can be done within 2021, including some basic reporting for project managers and clients. 

Currently threre is no other solution available on market. 

We are evaluating building our own reporting using PowerBI and extracting data from tempo time sheets, accounts and price tables. 

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
March 29, 2021

Hi @Christian Paredes

The good news is that in 2021 we have already started development works on new functionalities that will support Cost Management. We will successively start covering this functional gap in our tool by implementing a few handy features in the second part of this year.

Soon I will get back with more precise information.
Meanwhile, I encourage you to get familiar with BigPicture Roadmap 2021.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
April 6, 2021

Hi @Christian Paredes

As I promised, I am back with more detailed information. Below you will find a list of initial features that will be sequentially implementing to support Cost Management.

You can follow the functionality development works and find a more detailed description in the feature request tickets. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser.

Of course, let me know if you have further questions. 

Like Christian Paredes likes this
Christian Paredes April 6, 2021

This is great news.  Most functionalities make sense. Normally we track estimations by epic or component. 

Regarding https://jira.softwareplant.com/browse/ONE-33565 It would be important to note, that ressources have 2 rates. Internal and external rates.  The difference tracks the margin. External is the price towards the client.  Will this be considered? 

We use currently Price Tables on Tempo, wil these be considered?  Can a external resource rate be different depending on client? 

Let me also know if you need someone for beta testing. 

😉

Best

Christian

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
April 6, 2021

@Christian Paredes

Thank you for your feedback! Your opinion is precious to us. I can assure you that your comments will be taken into account during further analysis.

Further functionalities (not listed in my message above) are still in the analysis phase. We plan to start with one rate, variable in time (i.e., with the possibility of determining the effective date). However, we will continually improve Cost Management, adding successively new features.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

I will get back to this thread if only I have more detailed information. 

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

Hi @Yousaf 

well it kinda depends on what your need is.

The tempo suite is great for Planning, Tracking and Cost calculation if you use all 3 products.

If you however want a more holistic view you need to look at something like Advanced Roadmaps or BigPicture. Those will give you a full view on your project.

Bigpicture however doesn't do cost based on time so they integrate with the Tempo suite.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events