Allowing form data accessiblity in a tableview on a seperate page when source is restricted

Matthew Martin February 17, 2022

Hey there,

Here's my problem.

I have a form on a page. I don't want any users to be able to edit that page so I place an edit page restriction on the page. I then want other users to be able to do analysis of the forms data on a different page.

In our environment, the edit restriction on the forms source page blocks anyone that is not listed in the page edit restriction from seeing form data. The page loads however, there's nothing on it. 

Is there a way to achieve this? In my perspective, it doesn't make sense that a page edit restriction should disallow a user from viewing the form's content.

This is my investigation to this point. The tableview also has an edit control. Would this be conflicting?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2022

Hi

If your users have view page permissions on the page where the ConfiForms form definition macro is then users should see the contents of a form

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Confluence+page+permissions+and+ConfiForms

Page edit permissions is a way to restrict your users from being administrators of the form, it doesn’t change the data visibility, unless the form is set to show only own data to form's non admin users

Alex

Matthew Martin February 20, 2022

Ahh Alex - you are spot on. The user had "Shows only own records" enabled! Sorry about that. Appreciate your help :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events