Agile User Story Map and Roadmap for Jira

Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 24, 2020

Hi Community,

User Story Mapping has became a popular user story management technique. It is an engaging activity where all participants are involved in the process of building the product backlog. If you are not very familliar with the concept I recommend reading a book written by Jeff Patton.

There are a couple of standalone tools but we want something attached and works within Jira. Looking around Atlassian marketplace there are some plugins but after trying they all didn’t meet our needs. Therefore we decided to implement a new tool by ourselves, it was simple at first but closely implements the concept and suits our needs. After sharing the beta version we got lots of feedback which encouraged us to invest more time and efforts to make it a completed product: Agile User Story Mapping for Jira

1_zKa18Ylz84uuwpwy38u8yQ

The apps enables all following capabilities to Jira

• A visual model of a Product Backlog from the users perspective
  • A tool for deliberate product discovery and learning
  • A way of creating a shared understanding
  • A method of exploring product capabilities and features
  • A prioritization and release management tool
  • A way to build consensus between teams
  • A visual representation of progress and scope

Beside common features of a story mapping board, here are some highlighted features which will benefit our users.

• Introduce a new layer above Jira Epic called Goal or Theme (Use can edit the label).
  • Introduce personas in Jira project and attach persona to Goal/Theme
  • Support planning by release, sprint and also no-swimlane for reporting purpose.
  • Quick filter using JQL
  • Customize Goal color and Epic color.

Currently available for Jira Cloud, Jira Server and Data Center. Please give it a try and let us know your thoughts: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222309/agile-user-story-mapping-board-for-jira

Please feel free to respond to this thread if you have any questions, concerns, feedback or suggestions. You also can reach us at atlassian@devsamurai.com

Thanks,
Tam

3 comments

Comment

Victor DeLosReyes February 12, 2021

@Tam _DevSamurai_ , I am having issues with one of my projects where the sprint swimlane doesnt reflect on the board. Do you know what could be the issue here? The sprint is definitely active. 

Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 13, 2021

Hi @Victor DeLosReyes

If the Sprint swimlane doesn't appear for you to choose from User Settings, probably project admin hasn't turned it on from Admin Settings, you can find more info here

If you need further support please reach us at atlassian@devsamurai.com or create a ticket in our support desk

Thanks,

Tam

Smita Suravajjala May 31, 2022

@Tam _DevSamurai_ - is it possible to create multiple story maps for sub-projects that are managed using release/fix-version?

Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
March 15, 2024

Hi @Smita Suravajjala ,

Sorry I missed your comment and reply too late.

It is possible to create multiple story mapping boards for a project with the new Portfolio Story Map feature.

If you have more questions or need more assistance please feel free to reach our Support Team via Support Desk. We will assist you shortly

Thanks,

Tam

Denis Caccia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2024

Hi Tam,

YourJira plug in is great but we use Jira Advanced Roadmap to define the Product Baklog structure with 5 leveling as below :

- Initiative

- Feature

- Epic

- Story

- Sub Task

Is your plug in able to use this backlog structure for story mapping each level is an issue type with parent link into Jira repository.

We do not want create new ticket type or lost the backlog structure for release planning and story mapping board. Eg the Goal is equal to Initiative or Feature issue type in our implementation of Jira Data center.

Also required Jira filter for product backlog view

Thanks for you answer about this intergration level

Dennis

Tam _DevSamurai_
Marketplace Partner
March 15, 2024

Hi @Denis Caccia 

Thanks a lot for your interest in our app.

You can map the Jira Issue Type with story map Goal, for more details please take a look at the user guide.

If you need more assistance please feel free to reach our Support Team via Support Desk. We will assist you shortly

Thanks,

Tam

Denis Caccia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2024

Thanks Tam,

I understand that Goal can be mapp to other issue type to add one breakdown level only

I've read your user guide about goal setting

And what about sprint definition based on Jira scrum board ?

The Jira integration level is key to add any plug in ?

Regards

Dennis

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events