Aggregate / Drill Through or Into to Issues

Adam Gresh October 26, 2016

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.  Given a calculated member "Overdue High Vuln." on issue...

Aggregate(
  Filter(
    [Issue].[Issue].Members, [Issue].CurrentMember.get('CVSS V3 Score') > 6.9
    and DateCompare(DateAddDays([Issue].CurrentMember.get('Created at'), 30), Now()) < 0
    )
)

...which is intended to provide the number of issues that were created in a given month where custom field CVSS V3 Score is greater than 6.9 and where the issue was created more than 30 days ago.

I believe that this works as intended, however, when I try to drill through it I have options to drill into a given month, into the calculated member or across a number of fields.  Drilling into the calculated member gets me one issue per column, which isn't what I want and leads me to believe I've arrived at the wrong solution...

image2016-10-26 18:33:16.png

image2016-10-26 18:34:55.png

What I really want is something more like what I get when I use the same formula in measures, where I can drill through issue, but the resulting output there leads me to believe that's even worse.

image2016-10-26 18:38:12.png

image2016-10-26 18:37:21.png

Drill into Issues Created Overdue fails outright...

Failed to parse query, try to make query simpler.
Or maybe saved report uses deleted calculated member.
Error message:
All arguments to function '{}' must have same hierarchy.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2016

Hi Adam,

you were right about moving this calculation to Measures dimension - in cases when several dimensions are involved in the calculation, it should be created in Measures, not in other dimensions. In eazyBI, data are organised in so-called "star schema" where all attribute dimensions are separate, while Measures bound them together.

Also, when creating a new calculation in Measures dimension, you should consider to include some existing measure into it to ensure that the value would be calculated in the report context (e.g., report Page filters would be taken into account, drill trough issues would work correctly and other). Most frequently, it is "Issues created", but could be used other measures as well.

In your calculation, measure "Issues created" could be the needed one (as you already compare created date from issue property):

Count(
  Filter(
    [Issue].[Issue].Members, 
	[Issue].CurrentMember.get('CVSS V3 Score') > 6.9
    and DateCompare(DateAddDays([Issue].CurrentMember.get('Created at'), 30), Now()) < 0
	and [Measures].[Issues created] > 0
    )
)

For further assistance or report elaboration, please, contact support@eazybi.com

Ilze,

eazyBI Customer Support Consultant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events