Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

After creating issues from confluence into JIRA, which plugin to use to show nested tables?

Good day,

I wrote requirements in Confluence, highlighted the relevant requirement and then said "create issue" > followed the steps > and the tickets where successfully created in my JIRA backlog.

In Confluence, I have nested tabled inside my main requirements table, so when the tickets/issues where created in JIRA, these nested tabled now displays as some hectic html in the description field.

I know there are some plugins available that can be installed in JIRA, to view this html again as a table in my issues.

But I am no coder and searching for a plugin, without knowing what to search for is not an easy feat.

Can someone please point me in the direction of the plugin i can use to solve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Danny Community Leader Apr 25, 2020

Hello @Zandrea Lange

Is this still an issue for you or were you able to find a solution?

Have you reviewed Bob Swift's Advanced Tables add-on? 

Hope this helps,

Danny

Hi @Danny

Thanks for your response. I did not yet find a solution, and Ive been copy and pasting the tables in each story. I'll have a look at your suggestion and see if it works.

However, a new issue has now arise, and Im afraid that it is really concerning to me!

Im not sure how to reach out to the correct people in Atlasssian because they are so huge, and if I do reach out to them, whether they are even going to see my mail/comment (if it doesnt get lost between all the comms they receive)..

Atlasssian has gone and change the entire editor for Confluence! Now I am all for improvements..but they have actually gone and remove the CORE functionality I use on confluence for writing my user stories...they have removed the nestled tables completely! Not to mention the merging of table cells and marking certain rows as headers, etc which they have also removed, and which i use on a daily basis!

Removing the Nestled tables is a HUGE problem for me!! As we write in component approach where each component might hvae multiple variations, and when we have to build forms (which we do super regularly) then the nestled table in my story helps to indicate all the validation and field types, etc etc... let me not bore you with the details.

Point being, I am not sure what to do with regards to the new Confluence editor that does not allow for nestled tables or table customisations . This is going to cause so much problems for our project!!!

Danny Community Leader May 07, 2020

Hello @Zandrea Lange

Unfortunately Atlassian have removed Nested Table support. There is a highly voted for improvement for Atlassian to add this support back in, I think it would be best if this could be added back in, as you mentioned above it is core functionality. 

There is a workaround in the comments though unfortunately it is not user-friendly. 

Apologies I could not be any further assistance,

Danny

Hi @Danny ,

Thank you so much for your feedback! It's good to be able to talk to someone about it!

Thank you so much for the links, I am trying to "vote" there as well for the Nestled tables to be added back in again. but the voting and comment section is disabled for me. How can I get around this? Do you know?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-58656?_ga=2.133118407.853209437.1589360930-189246630.1582703394&error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=84917690-76b6-4e14-a03e-2211aba91ea2

If I may, can I ask you a last question please:

• On the new editor, how can I add multiple rows to my table at once? It's quite frustrating to add only 1 at a time.
  • How can I indicate a row in the middle of the table as a header row? I used to be able to do this in the old editor, breaking the table up into sections.

Regards,

Zandrea

Danny Community Leader May 18, 2020

Hi @Zandrea Lange

When you go to the URL you will have to login, it is a public Jira so you should be able to login and vote on the issue. Apologies for not mentioning that before.

Happy to answer your questions; 

• Have you tried using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+(Arrow Up key) or Ctrl+Alt+(Arrow Down key)? You can quickly create rows without having to repetitively click in the UI.
  • Unfortunately it is no longer possible to mark a row in the middle of your table is a header row in the new editor. There is a request for this improvement, I would vote on this and add your use case in the comments section.

Apologies, I have not been helpful with producing constructive answers.

Thanks,

Danny

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

269 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you