Advanced copy field value from epic to task

Anastasia Seidaridi November 24, 2022

Hi everyone,

I have the below automation working in several of our projects.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 4.33.52 PM.png

The requirement is to add one more field to this automation which is not present in the dropdown menu. It says to use the More Options where I tried to figure out what I need to write but I failed. I found this example online

{
      "edit": {
        "customfield_id": [
           {{#triggerIssue.customfield_id}}
               {"add": {"value": "{{value}}"}}{{^last}},{{/}}
           {{/}}
       ]
     }
}

and tried it but I am getting the following from the audit log:

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 4.40.25 PM.png

I don't know if it matters but the field that I trying to include is locked. 

Help?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

Hi Anastasia,

It sounds like they field is not available - which would explain why it is not in the dropdown as well. Check the Context for the custom field to be sure it includes the project you are working with in this rule. If it is, check to see if it is on the Create screen for that project. 

Hi @John Funk

It is a locked field and it says:

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 5.46.57 PM.png

It is associated with my screens and I can see it in all the projects.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 5.45.26 PM.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2022

Okay - thanks for sharing that. What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2022

It is a company-managed project.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2022

Very good - see the other posts - not looking good right now. 

Like Anastasia Seidaridi likes this

I tested it with other fields that work for sure and I am getting the same result. 

I think the json is wrong. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2022

Can you share the actual json that you have?

{
"edit": {
"customFieldId_10001": [
{{#triggerIssue.customFieldId_10001}}
{"add": {"value": "{{value}}"}}{{^last}},{{/}}
{{/}}
]
}
}

I am really not literal with json so I wouldn't find a mistake

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2022

Should be customField_10001 not customFieldID_100001

Sorry John, 

I can't see what do you mean. Both of them are customFieldId_10001. I copy-pasted the value from the field's info.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 24, 2022

You do not need the letters ID in there.

Oh, I see now, I thought the extra 0 was the issue. I just tried it and unfortunately got the same result.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 7.13.31 PM.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2023

Hi @Anastasia Seidaridi  - So sorry, this got buried somewhere and I missed the email. Did you ever get this working? 

Anastasia Seidaridi February 6, 2023

Hello @John Funk

No worries, I managed to get it to work by setting automation in each project separately. Unfortunately couldn't set it as a global automation but it works for now.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 10.16.53 AM.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2023

What type of field is this? Strange that it would not show in a dropdown or allow you to create globally. Is there a Context on the field that limits which projects/issue types it is available for? 

Anastasia Seidaridi February 6, 2023

It is the "Team" field that is not available in the dropdown and is also locked. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2023

Ah, that would explain that then. I think they are still working on the functionality of that field and it will be available at some point. I don't know of any timeframe though. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events