Add watchers - how?

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2012

I am trying the JIRA Workflow toolbox and can't seem to find how to add a random watcher in a workflow. I'm guessing it goes through the post-event "Add user in field" but there is no way to select the watcher field.

does anyone know how this can be achieved?

I'm using the demo version.

thanks,

Jacques.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2012

Hi Jacques,

I have officially released version 2.0.6 of the plugin that supports adding/removing watchers from Multi User Picker, Group Pickers, Multi Group Pickers and simple text files containing a list of comma or semicolon separated user names.

Regards,

Fidel.

1 vote
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2013
0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2012

Hi Jacques,

I have prepared a snapshot version of the plugin with new features to add/remove watchers using Multi User Picker, Group Pickers, Multi Group Pickers and simple text files containing a list of comma or semicolon separated user names.

You can donwload it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2if1w506xedq3wk/workflow-toolbox-2.0.6_snapshot2.jar

Regards,

Fidel.

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

Jacques,

Today it's not possible to do it, but stay alert to the new features of next version of the plugin. I will release a new one in a week or two.

Regards,

Fidel.

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

Hi Jacques,

There are two options to add or remove watchers for an issue:

1.- You can add or remove a user in a field as watcher.

2.- You can add or remove all users playing a role in the project as watcher.

You can also remove all watchers from an issue.

Depending on which operation you select, fields "User in field" or "User in project role" are disabled according to which of the make sense for the selected operation.

Regards,

Fidel.

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

hi Fidel,

thanks for your suggestion, but the issue really is that I want to assign users that are not in any role nor in any field as a watcher. If users are in a project role or in any field I can setup notification to have them send an alert anyway.

I want to add watchers that are in no way related to the project or the issue. I basically need a multi-user select list in which I can add users and assign them as watchers.

Is this possible?

thanks,
Jacques.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events