Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Add wait or sleep action in Jira Automation

We have a Jira Automation to transition status automatically, but often a user transitions the issue status manually at the same time the automation rule is changing the status - resulting in some error noise that is inconsequential as the ticket status DOES get updated one way or the other.

It would be great to put in a wait or sleep action right at the top to see if the user immediately does the manual transition, then go through the if-then-else structure.

OR, give us nested if-then-else abilities so I can re-fetch and re-check before posting automation errors in comments.

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk Community Leader Dec 09, 2021

Hi Marcus,

Yes, this would be a very nice feature. You can vote for it and follow it here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-7983

In the meantime, my suggestion is to put in a Re-fetch or two of the issue where you want it to pause. It's not a great solution, but might work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Apps for Confluence you won't want to miss: RSVP for September's Appy Hours

Calling all collaborators and Confluence users! Our Appy Hours event on September 29th features 4 presenters demoing functionality to superpower Confluence. Don't miss learning about these apps i...

117 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian Community Events