Add wait or sleep action in Jira Automation

Marcus Hecht December 9, 2021

We have a Jira Automation to transition status automatically, but often a user transitions the issue status manually at the same time the automation rule is changing the status - resulting in some error noise that is inconsequential as the ticket status DOES get updated one way or the other.

It would be great to put in a wait or sleep action right at the top to see if the user immediately does the manual transition, then go through the if-then-else structure.

OR, give us nested if-then-else abilities so I can re-fetch and re-check before posting automation errors in comments.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

Hi Marcus,

Yes, this would be a very nice feature. You can vote for it and follow it here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-7983

In the meantime, my suggestion is to put in a Re-fetch or two of the issue where you want it to pause. It's not a great solution, but might work.

Ray Tran March 7, 2024

Sorry, wrong thread.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2024

@Marcus Hecht  - Did you get this implemented? 

Marcus Hecht March 11, 2024

@John Funk No, not yet, however the Jira you linked previously finally just moved to "In Progress" on Feb. 29, 2024. Therefore, I'm hoping for this to get implemented in the near future.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events