Add value to current dropdown list

HR March 22, 2023

Hello,

I have one dropdown list with the list of products. This list of products is filtered by 3 rules. 

Basically, I have 3 Product Lines and a list of products filtered based on the previous dropdown list from the Product Line which is going to list only these products related to the product line.

Now I need to achieve the following:

1) for this product (for all Product Lines) I need to have an option "New Product" which will add New Product to the relevant Product dropdown list. 

2) Users will be able to add this new product by selecting Product Line and choosing New Product New fields with text and the button submit can be shown. After the submission, I need to see the New product in the selection of relevant connection Product Line - Product drop boxes.

Is this possible, please?

Anybody any idea?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This sounds like you need a cascading-select list - your admins will have to add it to your project.

HR March 23, 2023

Is this possible to be done in confiforms?

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2023

Hi @HR 

Is this a question about ConfiForms app functionality?

Then, how do you configure your current dropdown to choose the product?

Alex

Helen Setchell May 5, 2023

I'd be interested in an answer for confiforms.

I have a project proposal form and one of the fields is a smart classifier of funders and open funding calls (filtered by the call's deadline date). The data in the smart classifier on the proposal form comes from a funding calls form which itself has field for funders based on a lookup of funders in a funders form.

The person filling in the proposal form needs to be able to add a funder and a funding call on the fly if it isn't already in the smart classifier.

Ideally I don't want them to have to go to the funders form to fill in a new funder and then go to the funding calls form to add the call info.

I'd like a button next to the smart classifier for 'new funder' if the funder isn't in the list. This should show/popup a form to add a new funder. On completion of the new funder details, the first field in the smart classifier should be filled in with the newly added funder (or at least become available within the list), and then in the next field a similar button for 'new call' which would open/popup the funding call form, with funder already filled in. When that's completed and closed, the call field on the proposal form should have the new call in (or it should have become available in the list).

Or instead of the above there could just be one 'new ...' button, and instead of 'new funder' it could open/popup the form to create a 'new funding call' if, on my funding calls form, it was possible to create a new funder on the fly too as that form is sometimes used separately from the proposal form.

I thought I'd seen some documentation about how to do this at some point in the past, and I think it's along the lines of 'how to update data in another form' or something, but I can't seem to find how to do this specific thing.

I tried adding a registration control for the funding call form inside the proposal form but that isn't allowed.

Before I start experimenting, what would be the best way for both usability and maintainability?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

I suggest to add a "specific option" to your form that smart classifier uses 

And set up a rule that show/hides the 2 fields that you can use to on-board new values for funder/funder call

Then in the form's IFTTT rules to set up a rule to create a new entry based on the data provided and ONLY if data is provided in those 2 fields... so next time it will be available to choose from a smart classifier field

And an extra mile would be to save BACK the id of the created record in classifier form to the "smart classifier" field in the original form (optionally resetting the 2 fields used to capture a new value)

Sorry for the "text only solution" - let me know if anything needs more clarification

Alex

Helen Setchell May 5, 2023

I think I get what you mean. Now I know what approach to take I'll give it a go and get back to you if I get stuck!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2023

Little demo

http://recordit.co/WIFYLlEgxK

With configuration for the reference

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="343b7581-1fde-4386-82b8-8a6c34b7ffd4" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="formName">options</ac:parameter>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="a37b12d6-0097-4925-a166-1bfe1661dca5" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">funder</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Funder</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="2dcf95a3-85ab-45e4-8494-982d359bafa7" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">fundingCall</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Funding call</ac:parameter>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="aee03566-1831-4ab3-95ec-579fffd6152f" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1">
<p>
<br/>
</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="ec791951-6b61-4b3a-b053-3acf0f53b982" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="formName">mainForm</ac:parameter>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="cdde4b42-43c5-4b55-a787-220dd14ad22e" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1">
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="5a3dd201-d93f-4909-a061-47a424890fbd" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">funderRef</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="values">[138772524:options]funder,fundingCall,</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">smartclass</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="db22be75-9598-4bc0-851d-95a3689944c8" ac:name="confiform-field-definition-rules" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="condition">funderRef.funder:New Funder</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">funder,fundingCall</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">Show field</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="actionFieldName">funderRef</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="withReverseRule">true</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="2aaabcc2-f638-4bed-9660-6f2a77b5dad4" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">funder</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="d7076325-5a38-41a9-9394-ccca8878a5f5" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">fundingCall</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Funding call</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="f7d2fc2f-bd99-46b5-8189-06b129b0f03d" ac:name="confiform-ifttt" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="condition">!funder:[empty] AND !fundingCall:[empty]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">Create ConfiForms Entry</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="event">onCreated</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="title">funder=[entry.funder]&amp;fundingCall=[entry.fundingCall]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="resultName">createdfunder</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="who">options</ac:parameter>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="c3055f63-2e74-43f4-8487-cf9e69175bea" ac:name="confiform-ifttt" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="condition">!funder:[empty] AND !fundingCall:[empty]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="extras3">true</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="extras4">true</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">Create ConfiForms Entry</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="event">onCreated</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="title">entryId=[entry.id]&amp;funderRef=[iftttResult_createdfunder.id]&amp;funder=&amp;fundingCall=</ac:parameter>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>

Hope it helps

Alex

Like Helen Setchell likes this
Helen Setchell May 9, 2023

I've implemented this, edited the field settings as needed, added the 'New funder' record needed to get going, and it all works exactly as expected :)

Thanks once again @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ for providing such a well documented solution!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events