Add searcher to custom field

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2012

Hey

I have written a custom field and now i wan't to add a searcher for it.
I have already tried, with no luck. My atlassian-plugin.xml looks like this:

<customfield-type name="Release Date" i18n-name-key="release-date.name" key="release-date" class="com.scalepoint.jira.plugin.jira.customfields.ReleaseDate">
    <description key="release-date.description">Auto populated field, displaying the expected release date</description>
    <resource name="view" type="velocity" location="/templates/customfields/release-date/view-release-date.vm"/>
  </customfield-type>

<customfield-searcher name="Date Range Searcher" key="releasedate-searcher" class="com.scalepoint.jira.plugin.jira.searcher.ReleaseDateSearcher">
    <description>Searcher for Release date field</description>
    <resource type="velocity" name="search" location="templates/customfields/searcher/edit.vm"/>
    <resource type="velocity" name="view" location="templates/customfields/searcher/view.vm"/>
    <valid-customfield-type package="com.scalepoint.jira.plugin.jira.customfields" key="release-date"/>
</customfield-searcher>

This should do the trick. The searcher is just a extended DateRangeSearcher class, with no aditional code.The 2 resourches are also just the default templates taken from WEB-INF\classes\templates

But it dosen't work. Can anyone see what im doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2012

Is this the plugin key? Use the plugin key and not the package of the Java class. If you using it right, are you seeing any error in the logs when the plugin is loaded?

com.scalepoint.jira.plugin.jira.customfields

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events