Add permission to user, so she can log time for other users

Kseniya Zhukova January 5, 2021

To whom it may concern

We have classic and next-gen projects. I am an admin ad I don't know which permissions I need to grant to another user, so she can log time for others in Tempo "My work"

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Kseniya Zhukova ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I believe there are two approaches to this topic.

You can grant this permission based on the Tempo team (so you want this user to be able to log work for all members of some team) or project (for all users participating in some the project)

1) Tempo team - you need to grant "View worklogs" and "Manage worklogs" permissions in the team's configuration

2) Project

• Classic project - I think what you need is to grant "Work On Issues" (to be able to log work) and "Log Work for Others" (to be able to log work for other users) permissions. It make sense to me to also add "View All Worklogs" 
  • Next-gen project - You need to grant "Log work on any issue" and "Log Work for Others" (this one is App permission) + "View All Worklogs"...

You can find more information about it here:

Jira

Tempo

Kseniya Zhukova January 6, 2021

She has all permissions in her team in tempo, she even the leader of the team
but still cannot log time for her team

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

@Kseniya Zhukova ,

A team lead or user who has the permission to log work for other users (either via the Tempo Team or the Project permissions) can only create worklogs for users who have the "Work on Issue" permission in the Project.

Can you please check if the team members of this team have this permission (can they log work for themselves).

In case the team members do have this permission but you are still getting an error when the team lead is trying to create worklogs for them, can you please create a ticket in our Tempo support system, https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6, so we can better investigate this.

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events