It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Add-on for Project Admins to add or change post functions on transitions?

Our JSD site admins are buried, and it would be great if enabling extended permissions to Project Admins would allow them to add or change post functions on transitions that are local to their project, etc. I saw a reference to Workflow Rules for Jira but there are very few installations and no reviews. There are a great many add-ons in the Workflow category, but very few identify the level of permissions necessary to actually use them. 

1 answer

Hi @Jerel_Crosland ,

in order to use a workflow app that provides additional conditions, validators or post functions, you'll need the Jira Administrator global permission.

Being a project administrator isn't sufficient here - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver/workflows-939937650.html

(you can't select or update a screen used by the transition, or edit or view a transition's properties, conditions, validators or post-functions)

Cheers
Thorsten 

Thank you, Thorsten, but either you are incorrect, or there is a bogus add-on in the Marketplace. :) Please look at the link I provided in my question. That product is called "Workflow Rules for Jira" which has this as the main text: "Using natural language like rules to define condition, validator and post function. No scripting, no complex UI" and in the first feature description says this: "Self-service for Project Admin - The self-service model works with extended project administration and allows project admin to manage the project specific workflow conditions, validators and post-functions." However, there are no reviews yet. Hence my question.

Hi @Jerel_Crosland ,

you're right. Actually they are somehow bypassing the default permissions and a project admin is in fact able to add/edit those workflow rules the app provides. However, a project admin doesn't get access to the default or other conditions, validator and post functions that don't belong to the app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How Forge helped scale Smart Links

Hi Community! Forge is our new cloud app development platform – now, developers can build trusted, scalable apps in minutes without the need to manage infrastructure or security. Forge is currently...

147 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you