Add field 'Create new linked issue' to screen

jmarko May 20, 2020

Is it possible to add 'Create new linked issue' field to screen? I only found field 'linked issues'. We would like to add this screen to workflow and shown it when issue is transformed to status (in development - in which agent must create linked issue). Linked issue is later solving in Jira-Software project.

Or is there other way to achieve creation of new-connected issues between Jira Service Desk and Jira Software projects? 
Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

Hi @jmarko ,

I am not sure that I understand what you are asking. Do you want to have the user link the card to another card? And you want to prompt them to do that somehow? 

There is not a "Create new linked issue" field in Jira. You can create custom fields, but I think you actually want to use the Linked Issues field. 

Is there some kind of common information between the cards that some type of Automation could use to automatically link the cards when one card is transitioned to a new status?

jmarko May 20, 2020

Hi John, we would like to connect issue from customer portal with Jira-Software project. As I know this is only possible with 'linked issue'. 
Big picture is .. customer creates issue; agent take it but cannot resolve it; so he create new linked issue which he can assign to Jira-Software project; Linked issue is than resolved by developers; agent can write to customer that his issue is resolved and close it.

In picture you can see 'Create linked issue' button. We would like to add it to screen which will pop-out when task is transformed to specific status.

If its there another way to connect issue in JSD with JS please tell me.  

jmarko May 20, 2020

image.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2020

You can use Automation For Jira to autmatically create the new issue and link the Service Desk issue to the newly created issue. 

1. Go to Project Settings > Project Automation (on left-hand menu)
  2. Press Create Rule in top-right corner
  3. Select the Trigger "Issue Created" and press Save
  4. Next Select to add an Action, and choose "Edit Issue"
  5. Select the field Label
  6. Select the options icon (3-dots) - and choose "Add/remove values"
  7. Enter the value you want as a default and press Save
  8. Name your Automation and turn it on

Now when each issue is created, it will add the desired default label as long as the issue is created in that project. You might need to refresh the page after each issue creation to see it.

You can do this via global rules to apply to all projects also. You'll need to be a Jira Admin/Site Admin, then instead of going to Project Settings, go to Jira Settings (cog icon on left-hand navigation bar) > System > Automation Rules (left-hand menu).

For more on using Automation For Jira see these help pages.

jmarko May 21, 2020

Thank you John. I manage to do what I wanted with Project Automation as you suggested.
'Issue linked' -> Transition the issue 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2020

Great! Glad I could help a little.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events