Add drop-down menu in confluence table rows

emagnun November 1, 2021

I have an excel to track product releases and I'm trying to move that to a confluence. 

I have 3 products (a,b,c) and 3 areas (emea, apac, latam). How can i add a drop down menu in confluence table below, so that users can only choose these specific products and area??

(Whenever user creates a new row, there should be a drop down menu for the cells in product column and area column... similar to excel)

Capture.JPG

1 answer

2 votes
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2021

Hello Sooraj,

I'm Elena, a product manager for Handy Macros for Confluence.

You can easily add a drop-down menu with your custom values using Handy Status. It is one of many macros in the Handy Macros app. With the help of Handy Status, you can create multiple status sets and personalize them as you need. When the macro is inserted, users can switch them in the page view mode. Please, see the screenshot for details:

Switch in the page view mode.PNG

You could also try another macro from Handy Macros for Confluence for your use case. Handy Timestamp allows you to record the release date and lock it from changes. Once it's inserted, the value can't be changed:

Timestamp.PNG

Feel free to contact me in case of any further questions or schedule a free demo with me.

Best regards,

Elena Ovdienko.

Sarah Gregory November 24, 2021

Hiya, 

I am also trying to add a dropdown list. I've looked for the handy macros but I don't see the option in my settings. Can you help please?

Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 24, 2021

Hi Sarah,

I've created the dropdown list in the picture using Handy Status. It's one of the macros in Handy Macros for Confluence. Refer to our documentation for a detailed guide.

Don't hesitate to contact me in case of any questions.

Elena Ovdienko

Product Manager @ Stiltsoft

Hiya, as above that macro isn't showing in settings. Therefore the documentation doesn't apply. Please advise

Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
November 24, 2021

Sarah,

Handy Macros for Confluence is a third-party app available at the Atlassian Marketplace. To start working with it, you need first to download it in Settings > Manage apps > Find new apps. Or just click Try it free from the Marketplace.

After installing the app, it will appear in your instance.

I hope that answers the question.

Thank you. Is there a cost involved?

Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
November 24, 2021

Yes, it's a paid app. The price depends on your tier. You can find all the information at the Atlassian Marketplace under the link I suggested earlier.

I can't find it sorry, I don't know how to find out whether it would be included

Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
November 25, 2021

Hi Sarah,

Are you talking about the price? Yes, it would be included. The cost depends on the number of users. Please see the screenshot I've made from the Marketplace listing of Handy Macros for Confluence.

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 19-21-54 Handy Macros for Confluence - Formatting and Interactive UI Atlassian Marketplace.png

Is it what you've been asking for?

Sarah Gregory November 26, 2021

Not really, it says free for 30 days which implies it isn't included and is only a trial. I just want to keep expressing that I have seen the page you are talking about but it doesn't give me the answers, hence me asking here.

Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
November 26, 2021

That's how a free trial works. You can start for free with no costs included. If you decide to continue using the app. you'll need a license. It's paid. The prices are stated at the page you've seen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events