Actual vs Planned execution report - Xray

Sai Prasad R June 29, 2021

Is there a way or any workaround available to create an Actual vs Planned execution report within JIRA using Xray. I did go through the JIRA to see if there is any available options, but I don't see any.

2 answers

1 vote
Sai Prasad R July 1, 2021

Thank you Rogério for the reply!

I am new to JIRA XRAY, how do you suggest I can track it within JIRA by adding a custom field for test cases under test execution.

If you can let me know the steps, it will be great, as we are currently making use of excel by manually updating daily execution against planned.

Management wants it to be tracked within JIRA.

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

Hi @Sai Prasad R 

It is important to know how are you doing this in your Excel file so that we can help. Because it is necessary to know how to determine how a Planned execution becomes Actual.

You may use the Jira workflows to control this, for instance, you can have a workflow with status TODO, IN PROGRESS, and DONE. When an Execution is done, the status needs to be changed to DONE.

If you use this approach, the Planned are the execution in TODO and IN PROGRESS status, and the Actual would be the ones in DONE.

This is one mechanism that is often used, since Xray supports Jira workflows, you can use them in Xray the same way you use it with other issue types.

If you need further help, it is best to contact Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com ) to request additional information and help further.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Derek White April 14, 2022

When jenkins sends the report to the xray api, the jira ticket is left in TODO, even though the execution passed and is done and needs no additional work. Why? Are we missing something in the API call?

More importantly, how do we fix this? What's the point of automation if we have to manually move tickets around? We just want to click a "Run this set of regression tests" button, have it call out to jenkins to kick it off, jenkins reports the results, xray creates and links to the proper tickets, and the executions that passed are CLOSED/DONE in Jira. No user attention needed unless something failed.

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Sai Prasad R 

It depends on how you determine the Planned executions, for instance, if you use a custom field, a workflow status, or other. However, it could be possible to do it by creating a custom made Document Generator report:

https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Document+Generator

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Sai Prasad R July 1, 2021

Hi Rogério, 

When you get time, can you reply to my post below.

Thanks in advance!

Saiprasad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events