ActiveObjectsSqlException when I try to create an entity

Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2012

Hi there,

I am developing a plugin for JIRA 5 and was using ActiveObjects to store custom data. Everything was working fine, I was able to store my own entities in the database and so on. But when I recently created another new entity interface and tried to create/store one of these entities in the exact same way i did before, it threw this error:

com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsSqlException: There was a SQL exception thrown by the Active Objects library:
Database:
	- name:HSQL Database Engine
	- version:1.8.0
	- minor version:8
	- major version:1
Driver:
	- name:HSQL Database Engine Driver
	- version:1.8.0

java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement [INSERT INTO AO_9B23C2_INVOICE (ID) VALUES (NULL)]
	at com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.EntityManagedActiveObjects.create(EntityManagedActiveObjects.java:93)
	at com.atlassian.activeobjects.osgi.DelegatingActiveObjects.create(DelegatingActiveObjects.java:56)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:58)
	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:62)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
	at org.springframework.osgi.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invokeUnprivileged(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:56)
	at org.springframework.osgi.service.util.internal.aop.ServiceTCCLInterceptor.invoke(ServiceTCCLInterceptor.java:39)
	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:59)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
	at $Proxy1407.create(Unknown Source)

My interface looks like this:

public interface Invoice extends Entity{

String getName();

void setName(String name);

}

But when I try to create and store an entity of the type Invoice the error above is thrown:

ao.executeInTransaction(new TransactionCallback<Invoice>() {

@Override
				public Invoice doInTransaction() {

final Invoice entry = ao.create(Invoice.class);
					entry.setName(name);
					entry.save();
					return entry;
				}

});

The result is the same if I just do this:

final Invoice invoice = ao.create(Invoice.class);
invoice.setName("Example");
invoice.save();

As I mentioned above, I am using ActiveObjects for quite a while now and I just dont see what I am doing wrong. I am developing on the usual development-environment that is started with atlas-run/atlas-debug and so on. Is there a limit of own entities that I can create in the HSQL Database?

Thank You!

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2012

Maybe you didn't add it to your ao object in atlassian-plugin.xml?

<ao key="aoEntities" name="Active Object Entities">

<description>The module configuring the Active Objects service used by this plugin</description>

<entity>com.xyz</entity>

</ao>

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2012

Yes most likely!

Jannik Luyten
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

You're my savior! :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events