Accessing Type of Work from JIRA REST API / Webhook Events

jbartlett86 October 19, 2017

Hi,

Is there any plan (if it is even possible) to embed the Role information within the standard worklog JSON content, both from the JIRA REST API's and the Webhook Post Body (on the various webhookEvents that send worklog data)?

From what I understand so far what Role the work was logged against is not available in the standard API's and instead you must use;

{context path}/rest/adweb/2/logworkCF/{IssueKey} 

This then gives you a Role ID which you must then use the JIRA Role API to lookup the name;

{context path}/rest/api/2/role/{roleId}

Therefore in order to get the information I am required to do 2 additional API hits per initial request which isn't ideal.

Thanks,

John

1 answer

0 votes
Abhinav Ojha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2017

Hi John,

We can definitely add up more role information in our existing APIs. We can't possibly modify the existing APIs of JIRA.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

jbartlett86 October 24, 2017

Hi Abhinav,

Thank you for you response.

Would it be possible to consider the following;

• Return the Role Name alongside the Role Id on the {context path}/rest/adweb/2/logworkCF/{IssueKey}?
    Response;
{
"worklogroles": [
{
"issueKey": "JIRA-1111",
"roleId": 10130,
"roleName": "RoleName",
"worklogId": 115968,
"worklogAuthor": "john.bartlett",
"timeSpent": 10800,
"startDate": "Thu Oct 19 16:11:00 BST 2017",
"worklogDesc": "Logging Developer Time"
}
]
}
  • Allow filtering on the above API call so that I can find only work logs for a given Worklog id and/or author?
  • Maybe to reduce the amount of data being transmitted just open up an API so that you can request which role a work log id was for?

Thanks,

John 

jbartlett86 April 6, 2018

Hi,

I have just taken the latest release of your plugin and see you have added the roleName to the response on the above API call.

Did you do either iof the other points I have mentioned above?

• Allow filtering on the above API call so that I can find only work logs for a given Worklog id and/or author?
  • Maybe to reduce the amount of data being transmitted just open up an API so that you can request which role a work log id was for?

Have you got updated documentation for your API's?

Thanks,

John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events