Accessing Theme info outside of dashboard screen

Ted Coursen August 10, 2018

Is it possible to access the Theme info on any other Jira screens?  It would be nice to see the theme info with the epic info on sprint boards and backlog screens.  Also, if it was exported and viable as part of Jira Client.

Also, on the roadmap screen, is there any way to link two ( or more ) items together as dependancies such that if I change the size from 1 item from say 2 weeks to 3 weeks, it would automatically slide back the dependant items?

2 answers

0 votes
Hank July 16, 2020

+1 for exposing theme as a field that can display on a screen.

0 votes
Dave Elkan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2018

HI Ted, 

Currently the theme data is stored as a property which only Easy Agile Roadmaps can read. We do have plans to make it more generally accessible and useful in the future. We'll likely do it in a similar way as to how we recently made the schedules of the issues searchable with JQL. This will allow you to search for Issues in a particular Theme. 

Whilst this would not add the theme info visually to your backlog, it may go a fair way to solving your problem. 

...is there any way to link two ( or more ) items together as dependancies such that if I change the size from 1 item from say 2 weeks to 3 weeks, it would automatically slide back the dependant items?

Yes! This functionality is currently available. Simply put all of the dependant items in the same row on the roadmap. When you resize or move the left-most issue over issues to the right, they will be pushed right. See below for a visual example:

shunting.gif

Dan Major February 28, 2019

+1 for exposing the themeId (or better yet, the name) to JQL

I would like to be able to have quick filters on our board that correspond to Themes that we have used in the roadmap.

Any update on this? Thanks.

Like # people like this
Marie-Luise Schmidt December 8, 2021

Any update on the Theme field?

I tried to access it via scripted field... I actually found a field called "Roadmap Theme" but unfortunately i only get rubbish when i try to print out its content into another custom field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events