About the JIRA REST API internal implementation

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

Hi,

Is the JIRA REST API developed on top of the public JIRA API or does it access to the database directly, for instance?

Thanks,

Pablo.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
filiprogaczewski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

Hey Pablo,

REST API is implemented mostly using JIRA API. Though, there are few exceptions. We try to develop service later first, only after this we implement REST resources. You can see the implementation yourself if you have a look at JIRA source code distribution. 

Best,

Filip

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2015

Hi Filip, I'm developing an alternative API for JIRA REST (read-only at the beginning), hence I'm absolutely interesting in such exceptions. Unfortunately, I've not enough time at this stage of the project. Surely, when I support the new API for JIRA Cloud, then I will investigate the REST API deeply. Anyway, thank you!! Pablo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events