Ability to embed News Feed for Confluence on Pages to add more content around it?

Pahniti Tosuksri July 19, 2019

We're just getting started with our Confluence implementation for our non-profit's company Intranet, and the News for Confluence cloud is very promising!

One feature we'd be interested on this one is the ability to embed the News Ticker on pages - as opposed to just having it be the main page template on a Space. While that is most of what we intend to do - we also want to be able to add more stuff to it - like a banner up top, and some other items such as navigation links, pools, calendars, etc. after the news ticker.

I attempted to add it as an iFrame but it did not work - only pulled in the sidebar.

1 comment

Comment

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2019

Thanks for the feedback.

I will consider making it possible to add to any page using macro, but as this is a free app I need to consider the support impact that the new Confluence editor might create in doing this right now and also how I might implement other feature requests so they would work across all the options.

I would need to think about how this would work best, but what about if I provided the option for you to include a custom header and footer instead?

For the banner, as this might be the easiest to implement first, what do you want this to do?

Like # people like this
Pahniti Tosuksri July 22, 2019

Hi James,
Thanks for the quick response!

A banner would be a good start, just a way for us to display the branding logo for our intranet.

Eventually the ability to add some links would also be helpful to certain external sites and maybe some internal ones. 

For the footer, we haven't fully conceived our wireframe for the page so not sure what kind of thinking they have there. But I imagine a Calendar (we will likely use one of the plugins - Team Calendars or Outlook), a Question of the Day, something along those lines.

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2020

I know it has been just over 12 months since you provided this feedback, but I'm now in a position to offer an enhanced (paid) version of this app - see:

See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/News-for-Confluence-Cloud-is-changing/ba-p/1453566

I have been thinking about your feedback and will looking to see how I can incorporate your ideas through future layout options.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events