Ability to build a Structure which includes Zephyr Tests

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

I continue to get the "Field '“cycleName' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it", when creating my JQL for a Structure.  I want to show the hierarchy from Issues and tests.  I had read that Zephyr is not yet available or compatible with Structure. Is that true and if not, how can I proceed with success?

1 answer

0 votes
Mario O.G
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2020

Hi Jana, 

It appears that we missed this inquiry.

At this moment, there is no integration between Zephyr and Structure.

As you cannot search by cycle in the Issue Navigator, you can also not search for it in Structure.

One thing that we commonly see though is that many customers use Structure as a hierarchical Test Plan for Zephyr issues. You can try to do that by creating a folder(s), adding your test cases there, and then use an S-JQL filter to define the test cycle. This way, your structure will become a "library" of test cases, and you can easily specify which parts you wish to run in Zephyr.

As an example:  

a. Create a folder named Regression

b. Put an issue under there

c. Create a filter in Issue Navigator like 

issue in structure("StructureName", "child of folder(Regression))

d. and add the issue from this filter into Zephyr Test cycle.

Another example of integration is via ScriptRunner (scripts). It provides you with the ability to set Zephyr statuses in Structure.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to our support team for further assistance.

You can do so by visiting our customer portal or by writing to support@almworks.com

I hope the above helps!

Mario O.G
[ALM Works]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events