AUI is free for commercial project?

torypapa February 17, 2017

I want to use AUI(https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/) for commercial project.  So I wonder is AUI is free license for commercial.

2 answers

1 vote
Daz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2020

The answer depends on the version of AUI you pick, and the parts of AUI that you want to use.

Here's what the README for the latest version of AUI says:

License

This is a mono-repo, which means that different parts of this repository can have different licenses.

The base level of the repository is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.

For each package in the repository, there are separate license files (LICENSE.md) that specify the license restrictions for their code.

Please note that some packages are licensed under either the Atlassian Design Guidelines (ADG) license or the Atlassian Developer Terms license, which come with their own terms and conditions.

If you fork this repository, you can continue to use the Atlassian-licensed packages only under the given license restrictions. If you want to redistribute this repository, you will need to replace the Atlassian-licensed components with your own implementations.

0 votes
Clint Laskowski March 8, 2017

I'd like to know the answer to this question, too. Sadly, it seems many questions go unanswered for a long time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events