AMA: Hi from the Tempo team, ask us anything!

Vidar Svansson December 2, 2020

Hello Atlassian Community,

On Friday, December 11th at 11 am GMT, the Tempo team will be live on Community to answer your questions about anything related to Tempo.

Add your questions below any time before or during the AMA. Be sure to take a look at other community member’s questions and up-vote those that you find interesting. Answering your questions will be:
- Vidar Svansson, Chief Strategy Officer
- Sofie-Ahn Duranceau, VP Customer Success and Operations
- Christopher Castine, Director of Product Management
- Carolyn French, Team Lead, Product Experts and Customer Success

Watch the page and be ready to add follow-up questions and discuss further with other Community members. We'll wrap the event at 3 pm GMT, but will be sure to answer any questions we didn't get to.

Cheers,

The Tempo Team

2 answers

8 votes
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hello @Vidar Svansson and the Tempo team,

A migration question relating to Tempo Timesheets & Planner, this is probably already documented on your support pages though in this current climate I wanted to ask for myself (always learning) and for transparency (for others - you can never have enough documentation cross-referenced in different areas. 

What are the steps of migrating tempo timesheets and planner from Jira Software Server to Jira Software Cloud? 

What are the common mistakes and you have seen from users trying to do this? How can we plan this effectively? What should we be aware of when moving data from one platform to another? 

How can we mitigate the risk of failure or complications as much as possible? 

Also, while typing this, I wanted to say I am really loving Tempo Cost Tracker, I wanted to know was the fundamental goal of this product to simplify project accounting when in contrast to Tempo Budgets? If so, is that goal always applicable throughout the future development of the product? As time goes on, what can we expect from Tempo Cost Tracker and how will Tempo maintain the simplicity of the product whilst, in contrast, adding more value to the product in the future?

Thanks,

Danny 

Vidar Svansson December 11, 2020

Hi Danny. Glad you asked about Tempo and migrating to Cloud. You are right, the more places we can share our info the better. 

We created a whole section on our Website and Help Center to bring together all our migration info. I’d encourage you to visit these resources often as we’re adding new content all the time. Without recreating all the info here, let me highlight a few key points. 

About the steps to migrate Tempo, we have created a dedicated Help Center with a section providing a step by step guide for a successful migration. One thing to note is that we are continuously making improvements to make things easier for our customers. For example, we recently added some public APIs specifically to help with migration. As we work with customers and partners on their migration, we keep track of areas of improvement and plan them out in our sprints. We are also working with Atlassian on their App Migration Assistant and other tools which will take the manual effort and risk out of the migration. You can read more about our migration roadmap here. As I mentioned earlier, please check these resources often as it may make it easier for you to get to the information you need.

We fully support all our customers with their migration. Migrating customers can reach out to our support portal and we will assist in any way we can. Depending on the complexity of the migration, we may also suggest you work with one of our Partners to assist you. With the customers we have helped so far, we see one of the most frequent mistakes is to jump into migrating Tempo without preparation. Looking into the Product Comparison tables and making sure all your business needs are met is important. We have a lot of great features in Tempo Cloud, even some things not found on Server, but the parity isn’t 100%. Also, deciding which Tempo data you want to migrate before starting can speed things up, as it may not be necessary to bring everything over initially. 

My advice to mitigate risks is to carefully study our migration guide, attend Webinars, and keep an eye on improvements released. When possible, trial runs are always recommended. Feel free to reach out to our support team directly. We also have a customer success team available to help.

Thank you for your positive feedback on Cost Tracker!  As you mention one of the key objectives of Cost Tracker was (and continues to be) a focus on ease of use, fast onboarding, and light configuration.  It is our intent to maintain this guiding principle in the year ahead while further augmenting the product feature/function set. This includes key use cases currently addressed by Budgets (on Server).  We are working hard on our new design and product roadmap that we will be sharing in Q1 2021.

Christopher Castine
Product Management Director

2 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2020

Hi @Vidar Svansson,

As a Jira and Tempo admin, is it possible to configure global issue pickers for all users?

Capture d’écran 2020-12-04 à 16.15.37.png

Let's say your users don't need the Assigned issues view and that you want to replace it with a custom JQL filter, is it possible to apply this change to all Tempo users?

Many thanks!

- Manon

Hi Manon and thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, no this is not possible today but it is a great idea.

We would love it if you shared your idea on our idea portal. We regularly review and work on ideas that have been submitted by users and you can also get others in the community to vote for your ideas.

You can find the idea portal here: https://www.tempo.io/idea-portal

Like carolyn french likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events