ADD-IN Error (Jira Cloud For Outlook)

Jason Stork
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2019

My users with O365 and on Windows 7 are receiving the attached error when trying to use Jira Cloud for Outlook (Official).  Windows 10 users are fine.  Does anyone know of a fix other than upgrading to Windows 10?

Jira.png

5 answers

1 vote
Manuel Agurto October 8, 2020

Hi Vitalii , thanks for response, it's work fine now regards

0 votes
Manuel Agurto October 8, 2020

I have the same issue since this morning,  any suggest ?

JiraAddInError.PNG

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2020

Hi @Manuel Agurto 

Sorry for interrupting your working day and thank you for reporting this We've been able to find the root cause and have already resolved the issue. Could you please check if it works again for you?

John Edenfield April 15, 2021

@Vitalii Saienko  Could you share what steps need to be performed to fix this issue. I am having the same problem using the outlook web client.  

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2021

@John Edenfield which browser do you use (and which version)? Also, did it work recently and stopped working just now or it never worked for you?

John Edenfield April 16, 2021

It works intermittently. Browser Chrome Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)
2021-04-16_10-11-02.png

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2021

Oh, I see @John Edenfield. Your case is a bit different. This is a known issue and it's described in this community post under "Known issues":

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

From the article:

Outlook keeps prompting me to update the add-in
Unfortunately, there’s a bug in Outlook, clicking “Update” doesn’t always actually update the add-in to the latest version and Outlook keeps showing the prompt.

As a workaround, you can uninstall and install the add-in to make sure you have the latest version installed (no data loss involved).

Let me know if reinstalling the app resolves the issue.

BChidananda May 20, 2021

2021-05-20 13_10_50-Inbox - BChidananda@idsgrp.com - Outlook.png

BChidananda May 20, 2021

Having above ADD-IN ERROR.

Tried all the below steps, removed and instaled addin also outlook with the latest but still dint fix the issue.

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2021

Hi @BChidananda 

Did it work previously and stopped working recently or it didn't work for you ever?

I'd recommend trying to open Outlook in the browser and see if it works there or run it on a different network (e.g., in case it doesn't work in the office, try at home).

Additionally, could you please share the version of Windows you are running and the Outlook desktop version? Here's how to check the Outlook version.

0 votes
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
May 19, 2020

According to this page it might be that you don't have some updates installed (in case if you are using Outlook 2013 on Windows):

"Verify that the latest Office updates are installed, or download the update for Office 2013."

That particular update has this fix:

"Office Add-ins (formerly Apps for Office) and online videos cannot be enabled in a document in an Office 2013 application. This issue occurs if you disable protected mode for the Internet zone (clear the Enable Protected Mode check box for the Internet zone)."

0 votes
Ingo Krug February 17, 2020

Having the same issue, but with O365 and Windows 10. Thanks for any hints.

0 votes
Andy_Su December 10, 2019

Hi Jason, have you found the solution to this? I'm having the same issue on my Windows 10. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events